Affiliation: Washington State University
- Motivational interviewing for older adults in primary care: A systematic reviewJanet Purath
Washington State University, College of Nursing, P O Box 1495, Spokane, WA 99210, USA Electronic address
Geriatr Nurs 35:219-24. 2014..MI shows promise as a technique to elicit health behavior change among older adults. However, further study with this population is needed to evaluate efficacy of MI interventions in primary care settings. ..
- Physical activity: exploring views of older Russian-speaking slavic immigrantsJanet Purath
College of Nursing, Washington State University, P O Box 1495, Spokane, WA 99210, USA
Nurs Res Pract 2011:507829. 2011..Future research includes developing culturally appropriate interventions that utilize physical activity to prevent and manage chronic illness with ethnic minority older adults...
- A randomized controlled trial of an office-based physical activity and physical fitness intervention for older adultsJanet Purath
College of Nursing, Washington State University, P O Box 1495, Spokane, WA 99210 1495, USA
Geriatr Nurs 34:204-11. 2013..The intervention improved some aspects of physical activity and fitness for selected participants...
- Comparison of the traits of physically active and inactive womenJanet Purath
Intercollegiate College of Nursing, Washington State University, Spokane, Washington 99224 5293, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 18:234-40. 2006..To explore the determinants of physical activity for working women and to compare traits of active with inactive women...
- Predictors of improvement in women's physical activityJanet Purath
Intercollegiate College Nursing, Washington State Universtity, Spokane, WA 99224 5293, USA
Women Health 42:57-75. 2005..038). The research suggests that these cognitive and demographic variables are important for improving levels of physical activity. The Transtheoretical Model was partially supported by the analyses...
- Physical fitness assessment of older adults in the primary care settingJanet Purath
Intercollegiate College of Nursing, Washington State University, Falls Blvd, Spokane, WA 99210 1495, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 21:101-7. 2009..This study also assessed the feasibility of obtaining physical fitness measures in the primary care setting...
- Evaluating a conceptual model-based assignmentJanet Katz
Intercollegiate College of Nursing, Washington State University, Spokane, WA 99224, USA
Nurse Educ 33:172-5. 2008..They discuss the project's outcomes and subsequent strategies implemented to enhance their own understanding of the model and facilitate improved student learning...
- A brief intervention to increase physical activity in sedentary working womenJanet Purath
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Can J Nurs Res 36:76-91. 2004..This test of a brief, tailored strategy provides a critical contribution to the search for efficient, effective ways for nurses to deliver workplace health promotion interventions...
- Physical activity and physical fitness counseling patterns of adult nurse practitionersSusan W Buchholz
School of Nursing, Purdue University Calumet, Hammond, Indiana 46323, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 19:86-92. 2007....