Julie M Postma
Affiliation: Washington State University
- Community health workers and environmental interventions for children with asthma: a systematic reviewJulie Postma
Family and Child Nursing, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle, WA 99210, USA
J Asthma 46:564-76. 2009..A conceptual model identifying pathways for future investigation is presented...
- The feasibility and acceptability of a home-visitation, asthma education program in a rural, Latino/a populationJulie M Postma
Washington State University College of Nursing, Spokane, WA, USA
J Asthma 48:139-46. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the feasibility and acceptability of a home-visitation intervention designed to decrease environmental triggers for pediatric asthma in rural, Latino/a families...
- Rural children's exposure to well water contaminants: implications in light of the American Academy of Pediatrics' recent policy statementJulie Postma
Washington State University College of Nursing, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Spokane, Washington 99210 1495, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 23:258-65. 2011..We report findings from a study of low-income rural families' participation in household well water testing...
- The TERRA framework: conceptualizing rural environmental health inequities through an environmental justice lensPatricia Butterfield
Washington State University College of Nursing, PO Box 1495, Spokane, WA 99210, USA
ANS Adv Nurs Sci 32:107-17. 2009..In the face of scientific and political uncertainty, a precautionary risk reduction approach has the greatest potential to protect health. Conceptual and technical advances will both be needed to achieve environmental justice...
- Environmental justice: implications for occupational health nursesJulie Postma
School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
AAOHN J 54:489-96; quiz 497-8. 2006..Occupational health nurses must share their knowledge and experience as members of coalitions that represent workers in their fight for worker health and safety...
- Elucidating empowerment in El Proyecto Bienestar (the Well-Being Project)Julie Postma
Women s Health Nursing Research Training Grant, Department of Family and Child Nursing, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Adv Nurs 62:441-50. 2008....