Mary C Politi
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Supporting shared decisions when clinical evidence is lowMary C Politi
Department of Surgery, Division of Public Health Sciences, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Med Care Res Rev 70:113S-128S. 2013....
- Shared decision making in oncology practice: what do oncologists need to know?Mary C Politi
Department of Surgery, Division of Public Health Sciences, Washington University in St Louis School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, CB 8100, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Oncologist 17:91-100. 2012..SDM might help address the wide practice variation reported for many preference-sensitive decisions by incorporating patient preferences into decision discussions...
- How can continuing professional development better promote shared decision-making? Perspectives from an international collaborationFrance Legare
Research Center of Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec, Hospital St François D Assise, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Implement Sci 6:68. 2011..Shared decision-making is not widely implemented in healthcare. We aimed to set a research agenda about promoting shared decision-making through continuing professional development...
- Physicians' reactions to uncertainty in the context of shared decision makingMary C Politi
Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63112 1408, USA
Patient Educ Couns 80:155-7. 2010..This study aimed to identify variables associated with physician's anxiety from uncertainty and reluctance to disclose uncertainty to patients...
- The impact of physicians' reactions to uncertainty on patients' decision satisfactionMary C Politi
Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63112, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 17:575-8. 2011..The purpose of this study was to explore the impact of patients' and physicians' reactions to uncertainty on patients' satisfaction with breast health decisions...
- The importance of communication in collaborative decision making: facilitating shared mind and the management of uncertaintyMary C Politi
Department of Surgery Prevention and Control Research, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63112, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 17:579-84. 2011..The interactive process involved in medical decision making is complex and requires patients and clinicians to use both cognitive and communicative skills to reach a shared understanding of the decision...
- Communicating uncertainty can lead to less decision satisfaction: a necessary cost of involving patients in shared decision making?Mary C Politi
Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, Wales, UK
Health Expect 14:84-91. 2011..Given the large number of interventions of uncertain effectiveness, research on communicating uncertainty is needed to examine its impact on patients' health decisions...
- Interprofessional education about patient decision support in specialty careMary C Politi
Washington University in St Louis School of Medicine, USA
J Interprof Care 25:416-22. 2011..Additional evaluation and empirical research are required before further recommendations can be made about education for interprofessional decision support in specialty care...