Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- A phase 2 study of estramustine, docetaxel, and bevacizumab in men with castrate-resistant prostate cancer: results from Cancer and Leukemia Group B Study 90006Joel Picus
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Cancer 117:526-33. 2011..Inhibition of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) with bevacizumab may further enhance the antitumor effect of docetaxel and estramustine in patients with CRPC...
- Five fractions of radiation therapy followed by 4 cycles of FOLFOX chemotherapy as preoperative treatment for rectal cancerRobert J Myerson
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri Electronic address
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 88:829-36. 2014....
- Adjuvant interferon-based chemoradiation followed by gemcitabine for resected pancreatic adenocarcinoma: a single-institution phase II studyDavid C Linehan
Department of Surgery, Barnes Jewish Hospital Washington University Medical Center and Siteman Cancer Center, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Ann Surg 248:145-51. 2008..The primary end point was 2-year overall survival, with secondary endpoints being 2-year disease-free survival, and the frequency of grade 3 or 4 toxicity...
- Adjuvant weekly docetaxel for patients with high risk prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy: a multi-institutional pilot studyAdam S Kibel
Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63105, USA
J Urol 177:1777-81. 2007..Patients with adverse pathological features are at high risk for recurrence following radical prostatectomy. To improve outcomes in this population we performed a phase II study of adjuvant docetaxel in these high risk patients...
- Multi-institutional experience with FOLFIRINOX in pancreatic adenocarcinomaParvin F Peddi
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
JOP 13:497-501. 2012..Combination chemotherapy with FOLFIRINOX (oxaliplatin, irinotecan, fluorouracil, and leucovorin) was shown to be effective in a large phase III trial...
- Phase 1 and pharmacokinetic study of weekly docosahexaenoic acid-paclitaxel, Taxoprexin, in resistant solid tumor malignanciesPaula M Fracasso
Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 63:451-8. 2009..To determine the maximum tolerated dose, dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), and pharmacokinetics of weekly docosahexaenoic acid-paclitaxel (DHA-paclitaxel), a taxane fatty acid conjugate...
- Phase II study of KOS-862 in patients with metastatic androgen independent prostate cancer previously treated with docetaxelTomasz M Beer
Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University Cancer Institute, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Invest New Drugs 25:565-70. 2007..6%). One subject (2.6%) had a grade 4 treatment peripheral motor neuropathy. Further study of this dose and schedule of KOS-862 in this patient population cannot be recommended due to both lack of activity and excessive toxicity...
- A phase II study of gemcitabine and capecitabine in metastatic renal cancer: a report of Cancer and Leukemia Group B protocol 90008Walter M Stadler
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Cancer 107:1273-9. 2006..The objective of this study was to verify previous reports of activity with gemcitabine plus a fluoropyrimidine in patients with metastatic renal cell cancer in a multiinstitutional setting...
- A Phase 1 study of UCN-01 in combination with irinotecan in patients with resistant solid tumor malignanciesPaula M Fracasso
Department of Internal Medicine, Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center and Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 67:1225-37. 2011..We conducted a Phase I study to determine the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD), dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), pharmacokinetic, and pharmacodynamic effects of UCN-01 and irinotecan in patients with resistant solid tumors...
- Radiotherapy for epidermoid carcinoma of the anus: thirty years' experienceRobert J Myerson
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:428-35. 2009..To evaluate the factors associated with disease control and morbidity after radiotherapy for anal carcinoma...
- Positron tomographic assessment of androgen receptors in prostatic carcinomaFarrokh Dehdashti
The Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, 63110, USA
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:344-50. 2005....
- A phase I study of IMP321 and gemcitabine as the front-line therapy in patients with advanced pancreatic adenocarcinomaAndrea Wang-Gillam
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Invest New Drugs 31:707-13. 2013....
- A phase II study of UCN-01 in combination with irinotecan in patients with metastatic triple negative breast cancerCynthia X Ma
Section of Breast Oncology, Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, Campus Box 8056, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 137:483-92. 2013..5 vs. 20.3 months, p = 0.004). This regimen had limited activity in TNBC. Inconsistent Chk1 inhibition was likely due to the pharmacokinetics of UCN-01. TP53 mutations were associated with a poor prognosis in metastatic TNBC...
- Gemcitabine with carboplatin for advanced biliary tract cancers: a phase II single institution studyKerry J Williams
Division of Medical Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MI 63110, USA
HPB (Oxford) 12:418-26. 2010..The aim of this phase II single-institution trial was to assess the efficacy and safety of gemcitabine combined with carboplatin in the first-line treatment of patients with advanced BTCs...
- Efficacy of peripheral androgen blockade in prostate cancer patients with biochemical failure after definitive local therapy: results of Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB) 9782J Paul Monk
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, The Ohio State University School of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Cancer 118:4139-47. 2012..Because testosterone levels are not suppressed, this approach may be associated with less morbidity than conventional gonadal androgen suppression...
- A phase II study of alternating cycles of split course radiation therapy and gemcitabine chemotherapy for inoperable pancreatic or biliary tract carcinomaLilie L Lin
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 28:234-41. 2005..Despite the prolongation in radiation treatment time because of split-course treatment, patients with sufficient response were able to undergo resection...
- Prognostic significance of plasma scatter factor/hepatocyte growth factor levels in patients with metastatic hormone- refractory prostate cancer: results from cancer and leukemia group B 150005/9480Peter A Humphrey
Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Clin Genitourin Cancer 4:269-74. 2006..Scatter factor, also known as hepatocyte growth factor (SF/HGF), is a polypeptide growth factor thought to be important in the growth and spread of prostatic carcinoma...
- 11C-acetate PET imaging of prostate cancer: detection of recurrent disease at PSA relapseNobuyuki Oyama
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 510 S Kingshighway Boulevard, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Nucl Med 44:549-55. 2003..We also compared the reliability of AC PET in detecting recurrent prostate cancer with that of PET with (18)F-FDG...
- Long-term outcome after chemoembolization and embolization of hepatic metastatic lesions from neuroendocrine tumorsAlexander S Ho
Division of Interventional Radiology, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 510 S Kingshighway Blvd, Box 8131, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:1201-7. 2007..Long-term outcome data are limited. We present our experience in the use of hepatic artery chemoembolization in the treatment of patients with hepatic metastasis from neuroendocrine tumors...
- Phase I dose and sequencing study of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin and docetaxel in patients with advanced malignanciesPaula M Fracasso
Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cancer 98:610-7. 2003..The authors conducted a Phase I trial to evaluate the maximum tolerated dose (MTD), toxicities, and effect of dose sequencing of this combination in patients with advanced malignancies...
- A phase II study of milataxel: a novel taxane analogue in previously treated patients with advanced colorectal cancerRamesh K Ramanathan
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:453-8. 2008..Based on preclinical data that milataxel may be active in colorectal cancer (CRC), a phase II study was performed in patients with advanced previously treated CRC...
- CDKN1A and CDKN1B polymorphisms and risk of advanced prostate carcinomaAdam S Kibel
Departments of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cancer Res 63:2033-6. 2003..Analysis of CDKN1A and/or CDKN1B genotypes may prove useful in determining which patients are at risk for developing advanced prostate carcinoma and therefore would gain the most from aggressive screening, prophylaxis, and/or treatment...
- The role of primary chemotherapy for prostate cancer: has the time come?P Paula Hruska
Siteman Cancer Center, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8056, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Curr Urol Rep 7:233-8. 2006..Further investigation through prospective, randomized trials is critical to define the precise role of this modality in high-risk populations...
- Evaluating risk factors for the development of ifosfamide encephalopathyKevin A David
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 28:277-80. 2005..The goal of this review is to identify the prevalence of ifosfamide encephalopathy at Barnes-Jewish Hospital from 1995 to 2003, and to identify risk factors associated with the condition...
- Early results from a phase I/II radiation dose-escalation study with concurrent amifostine and infusional 5-fluorouracil chemotherapy for preoperative treatment of unresectable or locally recurrent rectal carcinomaRobert Myerson
Department of Radiation Oncology, and the Divisions of Colorectal Surgery and Medical Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110 1001, USA
Semin Oncol 29:29-33. 2002..These very early results suggest that the use of amifostine does not interfere with tumor response and that it may facilitate the delivery of higher boost doses to the rectum...
- Severe interstitial pneumonitis associated with docetaxel administrationWilliam L Read
Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology at Washington University, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Cancer 94:847-53. 2002..Interstitial pneumonitis has not been reported as a toxicity of docetaxel. The authors report the presentation and natural history of four patients who developed a severe interstitial pneumonitis after receiving docetaxel...