Affiliation: Washington State University
- Chromosome painting supports lack of homology among sex chromosomes in Oncorhynchus, Salmo, and Salvelinus (Salmonidae)R B Phillip
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, 53201, USA
Genetica 111:119-23. 2001..The Yp probe hybridized to interstitial regions on two different chromosome pairs in S. salar and one pair in S. trutta. The Yq probe hybridized to a different pair in both species...
- Does differential selection on the 5S rDNA explain why the rainbow trout sex chromosome heteromorphism is not linked to the SEX locus?R B Phillips
School of Biological Sciences, Washington State University, Vancouver, WA 98686, USA
Cytogenet Genome Res 105:122-5. 2004..A hypothesis is presented to explain why this sex chromosome heteromorphism is not closely linked to the SEX locus, which is found on the long arm of the Y chromosome in rainbow trout...
- Identification of the sex chromosome pair in coho salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch): lack of conservation of the sex linkage group with chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha)R B Phillips
Department of Biological Sciences, Washington State University, Vancouver, WA, USA
Cytogenet Genome Res 111:166-70. 2005....
- Assignment of rainbow trout linkage groups to specific chromosomesRuth B Phillips
Department of Biological Sciences, Washington State University, Vancouver, Washington 98686 9600, USA
Genetics 174:1661-70. 2006..The set of BACs compiled for this research will be especially useful in construction of genome maps and identification of QTL for important traits in other salmonid fishes...
- Identification of the sex chromosome pair in chum salmon (Oncorhynchus keta) and pink salmon (Oncorhynchus gorbuscha)R B Phillips
Department of Biological Sciences, Washington State University, Vancouver, WA 98686 9600, USA
Cytogenet Genome Res 116:298-304. 2007..The implications of these results for evolution of sex chromosomes in salmonids are discussed...
- Genomic organization of duplicated major histocompatibility complex class I regions in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar)Morten F Lukacs
Department of Basic Science and Aquatic Medicine, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo, Norway
BMC Genomics 8:251. 2007..To evaluate if only MHC or also closely linked genes contributed to the observed resistance we ventured into sequencing of the duplicated MHC class I regions of Atlantic salmon...
- Distribution of ancestral proto-Actinopterygian chromosome arms within the genomes of 4R-derivative salmonid fishes (Rainbow trout and Atlantic salmon)Roy G Danzmann
Department of Integrative Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada
BMC Genomics 9:557. 2008..We describe the organization of the 4R chromosomal segments of the proto-ray-finned fish karyotype in Atlantic salmon and rainbow trout based upon their comparative syntenies with two model species of 3R ray-finned fishes...
- Comparative mapping of expressed sequence tags containing microsatellites in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)Caird E Rexroad
USDA ARS National Center for Cool and Cold Water Aquaculture, Kearneysville, West Virginia 25430, USA
BMC Genomics 6:54. 2005..The development of microsatellite markers from expressed sequence tags will serve to increase marker densities on current salmonid genetic maps and initiate in silico comparative maps with species whose genomes have been fully sequenced...