Marta Y Pepino
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Sucralose affects glycemic and hormonal responses to an oral glucose loadM Yanina Pepino
Center for Human Nutrition, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Diabetes Care 36:2530-5. 2013..However, the relevance of these findings to human subjects is not clear. We evaluated the acute effects of sucralose ingestion on the metabolic response to an oral glucose load in obese subjects...
- Habituation to the pleasure elicited by sweetness in lean and obese womenM Yanina Pepino
School of Medicine, Washington University, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Appetite 58:800-5. 2012....
- The fatty acid translocase gene CD36 and lingual lipase influence oral sensitivity to fat in obese subjectsMarta Yanina Pepino
Center for Human Nutrition, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Lipid Res 53:561-6. 2012..The data also support involvement of lingual lipase and are consistent with the concept that FA and not TG is the sensed stimulus...
- Age modifies the genotype-phenotype relationship for the bitter receptor TAS2R38Julie A Mennella
Monell Chemical Senses Center, 3500 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
BMC Genet 11:60. 2010..The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of TAS2R38 haplotypes and age on human bitter taste perception...
- Non-nutritive sweeteners, energy balance, and glucose homeostasisMarta Y Pepino
School of Medicine, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 14:391-5. 2011..To review the recent work on potential mechanisms underlying a paradoxical positive association between the consumption of non-nutritive sweeteners (NNS) and weight gain...