Nur F Onen
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- A review of opioid prescribing practices and associations with repeat opioid prescriptions in a contemporary outpatient HIV clinicNur F Onen
Division of Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Pain Pract 12:440-8. 2012..Among persons in current HIV outpatient care, data on opioid prescribing are lacking. This study aims to evaluate predictors of repeat opioid prescribing and to characterize outpatient opioid prescribing practices...
- Comparisons of sexual behaviors and STD prevalence among older and younger individuals with HIV infectionNur F Onen
Department of Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
AIDS Care 22:711-7. 2010..Furthermore, STDs were identified among all age groups. This latter finding reinforces the need for secondary prevention efforts among all individuals living with HIV/AIDS...
- Frailty among HIV-infected persons in an urban outpatient care settingNur F Onen
Department of Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Infect 59:346-52. 2009..Frailty among HIV-infected persons is increasingly recognized but data are limited. We aimed to determine frailty prevalence, predictors and clinical significance in this population...
- HIV and aging: two converging epidemicsNur F Onen
Infectious Diseases Division, Washington University School of Medicine, USA
Mo Med 106:269-73. 2009..The compound effects of HIV infection, its treatment and increasing age on the incidence and prevalence of cardiovascular disease, malignancies, cognitive impairment, depression and frailty are of increasing concern...
- Sexual behaviors and results of bacterial sexually transmitted infections testing among frail HIV-infected individualsNur F Onen
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 9:30-3. 2010..The impact of premature frailty in HIV-infected individuals on the prevalence of sexual behaviors and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) is unknown...
- A review of premature frailty in HIV-infected persons; another manifestation of HIV-related accelerated agingNur F Onen
Department of Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Curr Aging Sci 4:33-41. 2011..This review will describe the underlying pathogenesis of HIV-related accelerated aging and will thereafter focus on frailty, a clinical concept which has only recently been studied in the HIV field...
- Aging and HIV infection: a comparison between older HIV-infected persons and the general populationNur F Onen
Washington University, School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
HIV Clin Trials 11:100-9. 2010..As HIV-infected persons age, the relative contribution of HIV infection, combination antiretroviral therapy (cART), and the normal aging process to the frequent comorbidities is unknown...
- Screening anxiety in the HIV clinicEnbal Shacham
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, School of Public Health, Saint Louis University, Room 315, 3545 Lafayette Avenue, St Louis, MO, 63104, USA
AIDS Behav 16:2407-13. 2012..These findings highlight the importance of screening and management of anxiety as an integral component of HIV care...
- Efavirenz Outperforms Boosted Atazanavir among Treatment-Naive HIV-1-Infected Persons in Routine Clinical CareToshibumi Taniguchi
Division of Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
J Int Assoc Provid AIDS Care 12:138-41. 2013..Conclusions: In routine clinical care settings, EFV had higher likelihood of achieving virologic suppression than ATV/r with backbone of TDF/FTC...
- Transmitted drug-resistant HIV type 1 remains prevalent and impacts virologic outcomes despite genotype-guided antiretroviral therapyToshibumi Taniguchi
Division of Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110 1093, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 28:259-64. 2012..TDRM remains common among treatment-naive HIV-1-infected patients, affecting one in six patients. Transmission of NNRTI drug resistance was associated with risk of virologic failure despite initiation of genotype-guided cART...
- Adverse effects of tenofovir use in HIV-infected pregnant women and their infantsDiana Nurutdinova
St Louis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 915 North Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63106, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:1581-5. 2008..Data regarding use of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate in HIV-infected pregnant women are limited...
- Effect of postpartum HIV treatment discontinuation on long-term maternal outcomeNur F Onen
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 7:245-51. 2008..Long-term maternal outcomes after postpartum antiretroviral therapy (ART) discontinuation are unknown...
- Insulin resistance predicts endothelial dysfunction and cardiovascular risk in HIV-infected persons on long-term highly active antiretroviral therapyKristin E Mondy
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
AIDS 22:849-56. 2008..To address this issue, we assessed multiple metabolic and clinical predictors of endothelial function and carotid intima-media thickness in HIV-infected subjects and compared results with HIV-negative controls...