Cathy K Naughton
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Development of an inexpensive artificial vagina for semen collection from rabbitsCathy K Naughton
Division of Urological Surgery, Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Androl 24:712-5. 2003..64 US dollars, plus silicone condoms at 7.50 each US dollars. This practical artificial vagina for semen collection is an inexpensive and effective means of obtaining semen from rabbits for andrologic study...
- Does varicocele grade predict vein number and size at microsurgical subinguinal repair?Jay S Belani
Division of Urology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63108, USA
Urology 64:137-9. 2004..No prior anatomic studies have correlated the preoperative clinical grade of a varicocele with the number of veins discovered and ligated during microsurgical subinguinal repair...
- Glial cell-line derived neurotrophic factor-mediated RET signaling regulates spermatogonial stem cell fateCathy K Naughton
Division of Urology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Biol Reprod 74:314-21. 2006..Our results demonstrate that GDNF-mediated RET signaling is critical for the fate of undifferentiated spermatogonia and that abnormalities in this pathway may contribute to male infertility and testicular germ cell tumors...
- The use of URYX for reversible vasectomy in a rabbit modelCathy K Naughton
Division of Urological Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63108, USA
J Androl 25:545-53. 2004..A minimal inflammatory response of the vas deferens was observed with URYX injection alone; however, DMSO following URYX injection resulted in increased vasal inflammation, in addition to epididymal and testicular changes...
- Sexual function and quality of life in the male partner of infertile couples: prevalence and correlates of dysfunctionAlan W Shindel
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, Washington University in Saint Louis, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
J Urol 179:1056-9. 2008..We prospectively collected data on mental and physical health related quality of life as well as sexual and relationship function in couples presenting for the treatment of infertility...
- Mice expressing a dominant-negative Ret mutation phenocopy human Hirschsprung disease and delineate a direct role of Ret in spermatogenesisSanjay Jain
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 131:5503-13. 2004..Postnatal analyses of the testes revealed a decreased number of germ cells, degenerating seminiferous tubules, maturation arrest and apoptosis, indicating a crucial role for Ret in early spermatogenesis...
- Premature ejaculation in infertile couples: prevalence and correlatesAlan W Shindel
Washington University in Saint Louis Surgery, Division of Urology, St Louis, MO, USA
J Sex Med 5:485-91. 2008..The incidence of premature ejaculation (PE) and other sexual problems in infertile couples is unknown...
- High-resolution sonography of the normal extrapelvic vas deferensWilliam D Middleton
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Ultrasound Med 28:839-46. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine the reliability of sonographic visualization of the normal extrapelvic vas deferens and to analyze its appearance and dimensions...
- Tslc1 (nectin-like molecule-2) is essential for spermatozoa motility and male fertilityEzequiel I Surace
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63141, USA
J Androl 27:816-25. 2006..Collectively, these results establish an essential role for Tslc1 in spermatozoal maturation and motility, distinct from other members of the nectin family...
- Does the number and size of veins ligated at left-sided microsurgical subinguinal varicocelectomy affect semen analysis outcomes?Alan W Shindel
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Urology 69:1176-80. 2007..To determine whether the preoperative and intraoperative findings at unilateral microsurgical subinguinal varicocelectomy are predictive of semen analysis changes postoperatively...
- Increased seminal reactive oxygen species levels in patients with varicoceles correlate with varicocele grade but not with testis sizeShyam S R Allamaneni
Center for Advanced Research in Human Reproduction, Infertility and Sexual Function, Glickman Urological Institute and Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Fertil Steril 82:1684-6. 2004..In our study, seminal ROS levels showed significant correlation with left varicocele grade and significantly elevated seminal ROS levels were seen in men with left varicocele grade 2 and 3 compared to grade 1...
- The Role of RET in SpermatogenesisCathy Naughton; Fiscal Year: 2005..The translation to human disease will be achieved by studying RET expression in male infertility cases of maturation arrest. ..
- Optimizing Testis Transplantation to Study RET SignalingCathy Naughton; Fiscal Year: 2005..Determining how Ret affects testicular function will add to our understanding of human male infertility and may provide an avenue for new treatment strategies for infertile men with nonobstructive azoospermia. ..