Cathy K Naughton
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Development of an inexpensive artificial vagina for semen collection from rabbitsCathy K Naughton
Division of Urological Surgery, Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Androl 24:712-5. 2003..64 US dollars, plus silicone condoms at 7.50 each US dollars. This practical artificial vagina for semen collection is an inexpensive and effective means of obtaining semen from rabbits for andrologic study...
- Does varicocele grade predict vein number and size at microsurgical subinguinal repair?Jay S Belani
Division of Urology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63108, USA
Urology 64:137-9. 2004..No prior anatomic studies have correlated the preoperative clinical grade of a varicocele with the number of veins discovered and ligated during microsurgical subinguinal repair...
- Glial cell-line derived neurotrophic factor-mediated RET signaling regulates spermatogonial stem cell fateCathy K Naughton
Division of Urology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Biol Reprod 74:314-21. 2006..Our results demonstrate that GDNF-mediated RET signaling is critical for the fate of undifferentiated spermatogonia and that abnormalities in this pathway may contribute to male infertility and testicular germ cell tumors...
- The use of URYX for reversible vasectomy in a rabbit modelCathy K Naughton
Division of Urological Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63108, USA
J Androl 25:545-53. 2004..A minimal inflammatory response of the vas deferens was observed with URYX injection alone; however, DMSO following URYX injection resulted in increased vasal inflammation, in addition to epididymal and testicular changes...
- Sexual function and quality of life in the male partner of infertile couples: prevalence and correlates of dysfunctionAlan W Shindel
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, Washington University in Saint Louis, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
J Urol 179:1056-9. 2008..We prospectively collected data on mental and physical health related quality of life as well as sexual and relationship function in couples presenting for the treatment of infertility...
- Mice expressing a dominant-negative Ret mutation phenocopy human Hirschsprung disease and delineate a direct role of Ret in spermatogenesisSanjay Jain
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 131:5503-13. 2004..Postnatal analyses of the testes revealed a decreased number of germ cells, degenerating seminiferous tubules, maturation arrest and apoptosis, indicating a crucial role for Ret in early spermatogenesis...
- Premature ejaculation in infertile couples: prevalence and correlatesAlan W Shindel
Washington University in Saint Louis Surgery, Division of Urology, St Louis, MO, USA
J Sex Med 5:485-91. 2008..The incidence of premature ejaculation (PE) and other sexual problems in infertile couples is unknown...
- High-resolution sonography of the normal extrapelvic vas deferensWilliam D Middleton
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Ultrasound Med 28:839-46. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine the reliability of sonographic visualization of the normal extrapelvic vas deferens and to analyze its appearance and dimensions...
- Tslc1 (nectin-like molecule-2) is essential for spermatozoa motility and male fertilityEzequiel I Surace
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63141, USA
J Androl 27:816-25. 2006..Collectively, these results establish an essential role for Tslc1 in spermatozoal maturation and motility, distinct from other members of the nectin family...
- Does the number and size of veins ligated at left-sided microsurgical subinguinal varicocelectomy affect semen analysis outcomes?Alan W Shindel
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Urology 69:1176-80. 2007..To determine whether the preoperative and intraoperative findings at unilateral microsurgical subinguinal varicocelectomy are predictive of semen analysis changes postoperatively...
- Increased seminal reactive oxygen species levels in patients with varicoceles correlate with varicocele grade but not with testis sizeShyam S R Allamaneni
Center for Advanced Research in Human Reproduction, Infertility and Sexual Function, Glickman Urological Institute and Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Fertil Steril 82:1684-6. 2004..In our study, seminal ROS levels showed significant correlation with left varicocele grade and significantly elevated seminal ROS levels were seen in men with left varicocele grade 2 and 3 compared to grade 1...