Thomas M Morgan
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Population-based estimate of sibling risk for preterm birth, preterm premature rupture of membranes, placental abruption and pre-eclampsiaJevon Plunkett
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
BMC Genet 9:44. 2008....
- Nonvalidation of reported genetic risk factors for acute coronary syndrome in a large-scale replication studyThomas M Morgan
Department of Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn 06510, USA
JAMA 297:1551-61. 2007..Given the numerous, yet inconsistent, reports of genetic variants being associated with acute coronary syndromes (ACS), there is a need for comprehensive validation of ACS susceptibility genotypes...
- Turner syndrome: diagnosis and managementThomas Morgan
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Am Fam Physician 76:405-10. 2007..Almost all women with Turner syndrome are infertile, although some conceive with assisted reproduction...
- Variation in recovery: Role of gender on outcomes of young AMI patients (VIRGO) study designJudith H Lichtman
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 3:684-93. 2010..Despite a higher risk of mortality compared with similarly aged men, young women have been the subject of few studies...
- Disruption of contactin 4 (CNTN4) results in developmental delay and other features of 3p deletion syndromeThomas Fernandez
Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Hum Genet 74:1286-93. 2004..Our results demonstrate the association of CNTN4 disruption with the 3p deletion syndrome phenotype and strongly suggest a causal relationship. These findings point to an important role for CNTN4 in normal and abnormal CNS development...
- Molecular cytogenetic analysis and resequencing of contactin associated protein-like 2 in autism spectrum disordersBetul Bakkaloglu
Program on Neurogenetics, Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Hum Genet 82:165-73. 2008....
- L-histidine decarboxylase and Tourette's syndromeA Gulhan Ercan-Sencicek
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
N Engl J Med 362:1901-8. 2010..Our findings, together with previously published data from model systems, point to a role for histaminergic neurotransmission in the mechanism and modulation of Tourette's syndrome and tics...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the human progesterone receptor gene and spontaneous preterm birth- Guoyang Luo
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Reprod Sci 15:147-55. 2008..5 kg/m(2) (relative risk, 10.8; 95% confidence interval, 1.4-82.6; P = .02). Maternal carriage of minor alleles of +331(G>A), +770(C>T), and +660(G> T) SNPs in the PR gene is not associated with spontaneous preterm birth...
- Investigation of 89 candidate gene variants for effects on all-cause mortality following acute coronary syndromeThomas M Morgan
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
BMC Med Genet 9:66. 2008..Many candidate genes have been reported to be risk factors for acute coronary syndrome (ACS), but their impact on clinical prognosis following ACS is unknown...
- Acute effects of nicotine on serum glucose insulin growth hormone and cortisol in healthy smokersThomas M Morgan
Dartmouth Medical School and Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Hannover, NH, USA
Metabolism 53:578-82. 2004..Further research is needed to determine the clinical implications of the unexpected finding that nicotine decreased growth hormone levels in female smokers...