Affiliation: Washington State University
- Diet, nutrients, phytochemicals, and cancer metastasis suppressor genesGary G Meadows
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, P O Box 646510, Pullman, WA 99164 6510, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 31:441-54. 2012..The review addresses this area of research as well as the current state of knowledge regarding the impact of diet, dietary components, and phytochemicals on metastasis suppressor genes...
- Specific amino acid deficiency alters the expression of genes in human melanoma and other tumor cell linesG G Meadows
Cancer Prevention and Research Center, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6510, USA
J Nutr 131:3047S-50S. 2001..This study shows that tumor cells display heterogeneity in their response to deprivation of Tyr and Phe and that these amino acids may be signaling molecules that regulate gene expression and function in tumor cells...
- EFFECT OF ALCOHOL ON NATURAL KILLER CELL ACTIVITYGARY MEADOWS; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- MECHANISMS OF DIETARY MODULATION OF MELANOMA INVASIONGARY MEADOWS; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Inland Northwest Cancer ConferenceGARY MEADOWS; Fiscal Year: 2004..The 2004 conference entitled "Bridging the Gap, Breakthroughs in Cancer Care and Research" will be held on November 12th and 13th at the Davenport Hotel in Spokane, WA. ..
- MECHANISM OF THYMIC ATROPHY INDUCED BY ALCOHOLGARY MEADOWS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long term objective of this research is to understand the mechanism underlying the loss in thymic cellularity induced by high alcohol consumption and to determine the reversibility of this effect. ..
- TARGETS OF AMINO ACID RESTRICTION IN PROSTATE CANCERGary G Meadows; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research could serve as the basis for future development of more specific antimetastatic, anti-invasive, apoptosis-based therapies for human prostate cancer. ..
- MECHANISMS OF ALCOHOL RELATED INHIBITION OF NK ACTIVITYGARY MEADOWS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Protein kinase C activity will be determined using standard assays. Cytolytic granules will be isolated from NK/LAK cells with nitrogen cavitation. ..
- EFFECT OF ALCOHOL ON NK CELL ACTIVITY AND CANCERGARY MEADOWS; Fiscal Year: 1993..Experiments will also be conducted to determine the clearance of radiolabeled BL6 cells and to determine the effect of ethanol on modulation of host cytokine factors involved in tumor metastasis...
- Mechanisms on metastasis and survival in alcoholic miceGary G Meadows; Fiscal Year: 2010..Flow cytometric and ELISA assays will be used to determine lymphocyte populations, surface and intracellular marker expression, cytokine producing cells, and cytokine concentrations. ..