J K McGuire
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Fatal hypermagnesemia in a child treated with megavitamin/megamineral therapyJ K McGuire
Division of Pediatric Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pediatrics 105:E18. 2000....
- Matrilysin (matrix metalloproteinase-7) mediates E-cadherin ectodomain shedding in injured lung epitheliumJohn K McGuire
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, USA
Am J Pathol 162:1831-43. 2003..These findings identify E-cadherin as a novel substrate for matrilysin and indicate that shedding of E-cadherin ectodomain is required for epithelial repair...
- A risk assessment scoring system predicts survival following the Norwood procedureP A Checchia
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis Children s Hospital, Campus Box 8116, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 27:62-6. 2006..This supports the conclusion that a specific population of HLHS patients may have a higher mortality risk independent of surgical technique and postoperative care based on factors that can be assessed preoperatively...
- Matrilysin (MMP-7) expression in renal tubular damage: association with Wnt4Kameswaran Surendran
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Biology and Biomedical Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, and Saint Louis Children s Hospital, Missouri 63110, USA
Kidney Int 65:2212-22. 2004..Matrilysin, a secreted matrix metalloproteinase and target gene of Wnt signaling, functions in epithelial repair and host defense, but no role in renal injury has been described...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 moderates airway re-epithelialization by regulating matrilysin activityPeter Chen
Center for Lung Biology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Am J Pathol 172:1256-70. 2008....
- Individual matrix metalloproteinases control distinct transcriptional responses in airway epithelial cells infected with Pseudomonas aeruginosaSean Y Kassim
Center for Lung Biology, University of Washington, 815 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Infect Immun 75:5640-50. 2007..Our results demonstrate discrete roles for these MMPs in regulating epithelial responses to Pseudomonas infection and show that a global genomics strategy can be used to assess MMP function...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-7 (matrilysin) controls neutrophil egress by generating chemokine gradientsMei Swee
Center for Lung Biology and Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine and Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Leukoc Biol 83:1404-12. 2008..On one hand, it promotes re-epithelialization, but it also controls the transepithelial influx of neutrophils, which if excessive, can lead to tissue damage...