Monica M Matthieu
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Evaluation of gatekeeper training for suicide prevention in veteransMonica M Matthieu
Washington University in St Louis, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Center for Mental Health Services Research, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Arch Suicide Res 12:148-54. 2008..96 vs. 0.42) and self efficacy (0.89 vs. 0.41). Gatekeeper training for suicide prevention shows promise for increasing the capacity of VA staff to work with at risk veterans...
- Is veteran status and suicide risk assessed in community long-term care? A review of the states' assessment instrumentsMonica M Matthieu
St Louis VA Medical Center, Washington University in St Louis, MO, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 40:125-32. 2010..8% and 67.4% respectively. Suicide risk among elders and veterans must be addressed at local, state, and federal levels so that concerted attention and oversight can be provided for matching elders to the services they need...
- Immigration generation status and its association with suicide attempts, substance use, and depressive symptoms among latino adolescents in the USAJuan B Pena
George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St Louis, 1 Brookings Drive, Campus Box 1196, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Prev Sci 9:299-310. 2008..46, 5.34) times more likely to engage in repeated other drug use than were first-generation youth. Results from the path analysis indicated that repeated other drug use may mediate the effect of generation status on suicide attempts...
- Group therapy among OEF/OIF veterans: treatment barriers and preferencesAmanda C Kracen
Siteman Cancer Center, Barnes Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine, 4921 Parkview Place, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mil Med 178:e146-9. 2013..Awareness of barriers and treatment preferences can inform clinical practice and aid in developing patient-centered Veterans Health Administration services...
- Co-occurring risk behaviors among White, Black, and Hispanic US high school adolescents with suicide attempts requiring medical attention, 1999-2007: implications for future prevention initiativesJuan B Pena
Washington University in St Louis, One Brookings Drive, CB 1196, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 47:29-42. 2012..To examine the relationship between these subtypes and having had two or more suicide attempts during the past year. To explore race and gender differences across subtypes of suicide attempters...
- Educational preferences and outcomes from suicide prevention training in the Veterans Health Administration: one-year follow-up with healthcare employees in Upstate New YorkMonica M Matthieu
Washington University in St Louis, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Center for Mental Health Services Research, One Brookings Drive, Campus Box 1196, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Mil Med 174:1123-31. 2009..This training program can increase the knowledge and abilities of VHA staff to engage, identify, and refer veterans at risk for suicide to appropriate care...
- Proximate outcomes of gatekeeper training for suicide prevention in the workplaceWendi Cross
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 37:659-70. 2007..Participants in this workplace gatekeeper training reported sharing new knowledge and skills with family, friends, and coworkers...