Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Genomic and gene regulatory signatures of cryptozoic adaptation: Loss of blue sensitive photoreceptors through expansion of long wavelength-opsin expression in the red flour beetle Tribolium castaneumMagdalena Jackowska
Department of Biological Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202 USA
Front Zool 4:24. 2007..Here, we studied the spatial regulation of the Tribolium single LW- and UV-opsin gene paralogs in comparison to that of the five opsin paralogs in the retina of Drosophila melanogaster...
- Simple copy number determination with reference query pyrosequencing (RQPS)Zhenyi Liu
Department of Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cold Spring Harb Protoc 2010:pdb.prot5491. 2010....
- Notch1 loss of heterozygosity causes vascular tumors and lethal hemorrhage in miceZhenyi Liu
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University in St Louis School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Clin Invest 121:800-8. 2011..Our strategy also can be broadly applied to induce sporadic in vivo loss of heterozygosity of any conditional alleles in progenitors that experience Notch1 activation...
- The extracellular domain of Notch2 increases its cell-surface abundance and ligand responsiveness during kidney developmentZhenyi Liu
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Cell 25:585-98. 2013..This context-specific asymmetry in NICD release efficiency is further enhanced by Fringe. Our results indicate that an elevated N1 surface level could compensate for the loss of N2 signal in specific cell contexts. ..
- Rapid identification of homologous recombinants and determination of gene copy number with reference/query pyrosequencing (RQPS)Zhenyi Liu
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Genome Res 19:2081-9. 2009..In addition, we also present a simple pyrosequencing-based protocol that could be used for the enrichment of homologous recombinant embryonic stem (ES) cells...