Kimberly A Kaphingst
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Effect of cognitive dysfunction on the relationship between age and health literacyKimberly A Kaphingst
Division of Public Health Sciences, Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, USA Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 95:218-25. 2014..Age is generally an inverse predictor of health literacy. However, the role of cognitive dysfunction among older adults in this relationship is not understood...
- Factors affecting frequency of communication about family health history with family members and doctors in a medically underserved populationKimberly A Kaphingst
Division of Public Health Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Patient Educ Couns 88:291-7. 2012..Family history contributes to risk for many common chronic diseases. Little research has investigated patient factors affecting communication of this information...
- Relationship between self-reported racial composition of high school and health literacy among community health center patientsKimberly A Kaphingst
Department of Surgery, Division of Public Health Sciences, Campus Box 8100, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Health Educ Behav 39:35-44. 2012..Self-reported racial composition of school context was a significant predictor of health literacy. Transdisciplinary, multilevel intervention approaches are likely to be needed to address the health literacy needs of this population...
- Self-reported segregation experience throughout the life course and its association with adequate health literacyMELODY S GOODMAN
Washington University in St Louis, School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Health Place 18:1115-21. 2012..This association was independent of the respondent's race, ethnicity, age, education, and country of birth...
- Family history and risk of breast cancer: nurses' health studyGraham A Colditz
Division of Public Health Sciences, Department of Surgery, Washington University of St Louis, 660 S Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8100, St Louis, MO 63110 1093, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 133:1097-104. 2012....