Kathryn L Huisinga
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- The contradictory definitions of heterochromatin: transcription and silencingKathryn L Huisinga
Department of Biology, Washington University, Saint Louis, MO 63130, USA
Chromosoma 115:110-22. 2006..We discuss the implications of these new findings for the current definition of heterochromatin...
- A TATA binding protein regulatory network that governs transcription complex assemblyKathryn L Huisinga
Center for Gene Regulation, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Genome Biol 8:R46. 2007..Here, we model and experimentally test a portion of the assembly process involving the regulation of the TATA binding protein (TBP) throughout the yeast genome...
- Structural and functional analysis of mutations along the crystallographic dimer interface of the yeast TATA binding proteinHaiping Kou
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16803, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:3186-201. 2003..These phenotypes cannot be accounted for by defective interactions with other known TBP inhibitors and likely reflect defects in TBP dimerization...
- Interplay of TBP inhibitors in global transcriptional controlCarmelata Chitikila
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16803, USA
Mol Cell 10:871-82. 2002..These findings reveal that transcriptional output is limited in part by a collaboration of different combinations of TBP inhibitory mechanisms...
- A genome-wide housekeeping role for TFIID and a highly regulated stress-related role for SAGA in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeKathryn L Huisinga
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Mol Cell 13:573-85. 2004..These two distinct modes of transcription regulation might reflect the need to balance inducible stress responses with the steady output of housekeeping genes...
- Small RNA-directed heterochromatin formation in the context of development: what flies might learn from fission yeastKathryn L Huisinga
Department of Biology, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1789:3-16. 2009..pombe system as a model, we analyze the role of small RNA pathway components and associated small RNAs in regulating transposable elements and potentially directing heterochromatin formation at these elements in Drosophila melanogaster...