F F Hsu
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Hsu F, Turk J, Zhang K, Beverley S. Characterization of inositol phosphorylceramides from Leishmania major by tandem mass spectrometry with electrospray ionization. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2007;18:1591-604 pubmed
- Hsu F, Turk J. Differentiation of 1-O-alk-1'-enyl-2-acyl and 1-O-alkyl-2-acyl glycerophospholipids by multiple-stage linear ion-trap mass spectrometry with electrospray ionization. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2007;18:2065-73 pubmed..Because the [M - H](-) ions are readily formed by various GPL classes (except glycerophosphocholine) in the negative-ion mode, these mass spectrometric approaches should have broad application in the structural identification of GPLs. ..
- Hsu F, Turk J. Electrospray ionization with low-energy collisionally activated dissociation tandem mass spectrometry of glycerophospholipids: mechanisms of fragmentation and structural characterization. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2009;877:2673-95 pubmed publisher..The tandem mass spectrometric approaches afford the identification of the polar head group, the fatty acid substituents and the location of the radyl groups on the glycerol backbone of all the GPLs. ..
- Hsu F, Turk J, Shi Y, Groisman E. Characterization of acylphosphatidylglycerols from Salmonella typhimurium by tandem mass spectrometry with electrospray ionization. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2004;15:1-11 pubmed..The identities of the minor isomeric species in the molecules can be revealed by the aforementioned structural information arising from the various ion series combined. ..
- Hsu F, Turk J, Thukkani A, Messner M, Wildsmith K, Ford D. Characterization of alkylacyl, alk-1-enylacyl and lyso subclasses of glycerophosphocholine by tandem quadrupole mass spectrometry with electrospray ionization. J Mass Spectrom. 2003;38:752-63 pubmed..Examples for identification of various subclasses of PC in biological extracts by tandem mass spectrometry applying various constant neutral loss scannings are also shown. ..
- Hsu F, Lakshmi V, Zenser T. Characterization of new metabolites from in vivo biotransformation of 2-amino-3-methylimidazo[4,5-f]quinoline in mouse by mass spectrometry. J Mass Spectrom. 2009;44:1359-68 pubmed publisher..The observation of these more polar metabolites relative to IQ suggests that they may arise from a previously undescribed detoxification pathway. ..
- Hsu F, Turk J. Studies on sulfatides by quadrupole ion-trap mass spectrometry with electrospray ionization: structural characterization and the fragmentation processes that include an unusual internal galactose residue loss and the classical charge-remote fragmenta. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2004;15:536-46 pubmed..The fragmentation pathways of sulfatides under low-energy CAD are proposed. The pathways are supported by the MS(2)- and MS(3)-spectra of various compounds, and of their H-D exchanged analogs. ..
- Hsu F. Characterization of Hydroxyphthioceranoic and Phthioceranoic Acids by Charge-Switch Derivatization and CID Tandem Mass Spectrometry. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2016;27:622-32 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis. Graphical Abstract á…Ÿ. ..
- Lin M, Miner J, Turk J, Hsu F. Linear ion-trap MSn with high-resolution MS reveals structural diversity of 1-O-acylceramide family in mouse epidermis. J Lipid Res. 2017;58:772-782 pubmed publisher..An estimation of more than 700 1-O-acylceramide species, largely isobaric isomers, are present, underscoring the complexity of this Cer family. ..