Chris Todd Hittinger
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Gene duplication and the adaptive evolution of a classic genetic switchChris Todd Hittinger
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1525 Linden Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Nature 449:677-81. 2007....
- Evolution of an insect-specific GROUCHO-interaction motif in the ENGRAILED selector proteinChris Todd Hittinger
Laboratory of Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706 1534, USA
Evol Dev 10:537-45. 2008..The acquisition and conservation of this auxiliary peptide motif shows how the number and activity of short peptide motifs can evolve in transcription factors while existing regulatory functions are maintained...
- Population structure and reticulate evolution of Saccharomyces eubayanus and its lager-brewing hybridsDavid Peris
Laboratory of Genetics, Genome Center of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Energy Institute, DOE Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, 53706, USA
Mol Ecol 23:2031-45. 2014..These findings show how genetically diverse eukaryotic microbes can produce rare but economically important hybrids with low genetic diversity when they migrate from their natural ecological context...
- Parallel inactivation of multiple GAL pathway genes and ecological diversification in yeastsChris Todd Hittinger
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Laboratories of Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, 1525 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:14144-9. 2004..Inactivated genes may generally serve as markers of specific functions made dispensable by recent adaptive shifts...
- Pleiotropic functions of a conserved insect-specific Hox peptide motifChris Todd Hittinger
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Development 132:5261-70. 2005....
- Saccharomyces diversity and evolution: a budding model genusChris Todd Hittinger
Laboratory of Genetics, Genome Center of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Bioenergy Initiative, DOE Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Trends Genet 29:309-17. 2013..Expanding strain collections, low-cost genome sequencing, and tools for precise genetic manipulation promise to usher in a golden era for this surprisingly diverse genus as an evolutionary model...
- Transcriptional rewiring: the proof is in the eatingAntonis Rokas
Vanderbilt University, Department of Biological Sciences, VU Station B 351634, Nashville, Tennessee 37235, USA
Curr Biol 17:R626-8. 2007..Analysis of the galactose genetic pathway in Candida albicans and comparison with the classical pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae have revealed remarkable differences in its regulation in the two yeasts...
- Evolutionarily conserved domains required for activation and repression functions of the Drosophila Hox protein UltrabithoraxElla Tour
Section in Cell and Developmental Biology, Division of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Development 132:5271-81. 2005..These results suggest that the N-terminal region containing the SSYF motif has been conserved in many Hox proteins for its role in transcriptional activation...