Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- A high-resolution map of segmental DNA copy number variation in the mouse genomeTimothy A Graubert
Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology, Stem Cell Biology Section, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS Genet 3:e3. 2007..Annotation of CNVs in the mouse genome combined with sequence-based analysis provides an important resource that will help define the genetic basis of complex traits...
- Genetics of myelodysplastic syndromes: new insightsTimothy Graubert
Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2011:543-9. 2011..Additional studies will be required to understand the prognostic implications of these mutations for treatment response, progression to AML, and survival...
- A pilot study of high-throughput, sequence-based mutational profiling of primary human acute myeloid leukemia cell genomesTimothy J Ley
Department of Medicine, Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14275-80. 2003..This strategy represents a viable approach for the detection of potentially relevant, nonrandom mutations in primary human cancer cell genomes...
- DNMT3A mutations in acute myeloid leukemiaTimothy J Ley
Department of Genetics, Genome Center, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
N Engl J Med 363:2424-33. 2010..The genetic alterations responsible for an adverse outcome in most patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) are unknown...
- Distinct patterns of mutations occurring in de novo AML versus AML arising in the setting of severe congenital neutropeniaDaniel C Link
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 110:1648-55. 2007..These data support the hypothesis that mutations of CSF3R may provide the "activated tyrosine kinase signal" that is thought to be important for leukemogenesis...
- Therapy related acute myeloid leukemia in breast cancer survivors, a population-based studyMike G Martin
Division of Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8007, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 118:593-8. 2009..This association maybe explained by either greater chemotherapy exposure or an interaction between therapy and genetic predisposition...
- Somatic mutations and germline sequence variants in the expressed tyrosine kinase genes of patients with de novo acute myeloid leukemiaMichael H Tomasson
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 111:4797-808. 2008..Additional studies will be required to define the roles that these somatic and germline TK gene variants play in AML pathogenesis...
- DNA sequencing of a cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukaemia genomeTimothy J Ley
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63108, USA
Nature 456:66-72. 2008..Our study establishes whole-genome sequencing as an unbiased method for discovering cancer-initiating mutations in previously unidentified genes that may respond to targeted therapies...
- Quantitative trait loci associated with susceptibility to therapy-related acute murine promyelocytic leukemia in hCG-PML/RARA transgenic miceRyan K Funk
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology, Stem Cell Biology Section, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 112:1434-42. 2008..Improved understanding of genetic risk factors should lead to tailored treatment regimens that reduce risk for patients predisposed to t-AML...
- wuHMM: a robust algorithm to detect DNA copy number variation using long oligonucleotide microarray dataPatrick Cahan
Department of Internal Medicine and Department of Genetics, Division of Oncology, Stem Cell Biology Section, Washington University, St Louis, MO, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 36:e41. 2008..At a FPR of <10%, the algorithm can detect CNVs with five probes on the 385K platform and three on the 2.1M and 3.1M platforms, resulting in effective resolutions of 24 kb, 2-5 kb and 1 kb, respectively...
- The impact of copy number variation on local gene expression in mouse hematopoietic stem and progenitor cellsPatrick Cahan
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology, Stem Cell Biology Section, Washington University, St Louis, MO, USA
Nat Genet 41:430-7. 2009....
- Identification of somatic JAK1 mutations in patients with acute myeloid leukemiaZhifu Xiang
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 111:4809-12. 2008..This is the first report to demonstrate somatic JAK1 mutations in AML and suggests that JAK1 mutations may function as disease-modifying mutations in AML pathogenesis...
- Acquired copy number alterations in adult acute myeloid leukemia genomesMatthew J Walter
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:12950-5. 2009....
- Recurring mutations found by sequencing an acute myeloid leukemia genomeElaine R Mardis
Department of Genetics, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
N Engl J Med 361:1058-66. 2009..The full complement of DNA mutations that are responsible for the pathogenesis of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is not yet known...
- Integrated genomic analysis implicates haploinsufficiency of multiple chromosome 5q31.2 genes in de novo myelodysplastic syndromes pathogenesisTimothy A Graubert
Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e4583. 2009..2 genes are not common events in MDS, and implicate haploinsufficiency of multiple genes as the relevant genetic consequence of this common deletion...
- Identification of candidate alkylator-induced cancer susceptibility genes by whole genome scanning in miceTimothy S Fenske
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cancer Res 66:5029-38. 2006....
- A mouse-based strategy for cyclophosphamide pharmacogenomic discoveryJames W Watters
Washington Univ. School of Medicine, Dept. of Medicine, Campus Box 8069, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Appl Physiol 95:1352-60. 2003..This phenotypic and genotypic variation among inbred strains provides a framework for cyclophosphamide pharmacogenomic discovery...
- ACQUISTION OF A CYTOMATION MOFLO CELL SORTERTimothy Graubert; Fiscal Year: 2001..An advisory committee will oversee management of the cell sorter and ensure its long-term stability as a resource for the medical school...
- GENETIC TARGETING OF HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLSTimothy Graubert; Fiscal Year: 2002..The long-term goal of this investigator is to study the molecular bases of hematopoiesis and leukemogenesis as an active member of a clinical Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant Division. ..
- Acquistion of an inFlux GMP cell sorter.Timothy Graubert; Fiscal Year: 2005..This instrument will provide added value for many funded projects at Washington University that collectively accounted for over $328M in total awards from the NIH in 2002, placing it third among medical centers in the United States. ..
- Genomics of myelodysplastic syndromesTimothy Graubert; Fiscal Year: 2007..These findings should improve our ability to predict the prognosis of patients with MDS and provide a rational basis for designing specific therapies that are more effective and less toxic. ..