A L Glowinski
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Suicide attempts in an adolescent female twin sampleA L Glowinski
Missouri Alcoholism Research Center, Department of Psychiaty, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 40:1300-7. 2001..To examine suicide attempts in an epidemiologically and genetically informative youth sample...
- Genetic epidemiology of self-reported lifetime DSM-IV major depressive disorder in a population-based twin sample of female adolescentsAnne L Glowinski
Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 44:988-96. 2003..The goal of this study was the genetic analysis of MDD in an epidemiologically and genetically representative sample of adolescent female twins...
- Paternal alcohol dependence and offspring suicidal behaviors in a children-of-twins studyAnne L Glowinski
Department of Psychiatry, Box 8134, Washington University School of Medicine, 40 North Kingshighway, Suite One, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 76:S69-77. 2004..The children-of-twins (COT) design can be used to elucidate the association of a parental trait and an offspring outcome such as the association of parental alcoholism and offspring suicidality...
- A twin study of genetic and environmental influences on suicidality in menQ Fu
Missouri Alcoholism Research Center at Washington University, Department of Psychiatry and Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63108, USA
Psychol Med 32:11-24. 2002..The present study examines genetic influences on suicidality (i.e. suicidal ideation and/or suicide attempt) after controlling for the inheritance of psychiatric disorders...
- Ascertainment of a mid-western US female adolescent twin cohort for alcohol studies: assessment of sample representativeness using birth record dataAndrew C Heath
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, USA
Twin Res 5:107-12. 2002..Sampling biases were however small. The unusual cooperativeness in research of families with twins persists...
- Major depressive disorder, suicidal ideation, and suicide attempt in twins discordant for cannabis dependence and early-onset cannabis useMichael T Lynskey
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Arch Gen Psychiatry 61:1026-32. 2004..Previous research has reported both a moderate degree of comorbidity between cannabis dependence and major depressive disorder (MDD) and that early-onset cannabis use is associated with increased risks for MDD...
- The 14-year course of alcoholism in a community sample: do men and women differ?Ellen L Edens
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 93:1-11. 2008..To investigate the course of alcoholism in males and females in a 14-year follow-up of persons with DSM-III alcoholism compared to very heavy drinkers and unaffected controls in a community sample...
- Teaching pediatric residents to assess adolescent suicide risk with a standardized patient moduleElise M Fallucco
Washington University, School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Pediatrics 125:953-9. 2010..We hypothesized that a suicide risk assessment (SRA) training module incorporating standardized patients (SPs) would enhance pediatric resident SRA performance...
- Overview of workshop on drug abuse and suicidal behaviorLynda Erinoff
Drug Alcohol Depend 76:S3-9. 2004