Affiliation: Washington State University
- Wang B, Yang Q, Harris C, Nelson M, Busboom J, Zhu M, et al. Nutrigenomic regulation of adipose tissue development - role of retinoic acid: A review. Meat Sci. 2016;120:100-106 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss nutritional regulation of adipogenesis, focusing on retinoic acid and its impact on epigenetic modifications of key adipogenic genes. ..
- Gao J, Song J, Du M, Mao X. Bovine Î±-Lactalbumin Hydrolysates (Î±-LAH) Ameliorate Adipose Insulin Resistance and Inflammation in High-Fat Diet-Fed C57BL/6J Mice. Nutrients. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..These results suggested that bovine Î±-LAH could ameliorate adipose insulin resistance and inflammation through IKK and MAPK signaling pathways in HFD-fed C57BL/6J mice. ..
- Li T, Gao J, Du M, Song J, Mao X. Milk Fat Globule Membrane Attenuates High-Fat Diet-Induced Obesity by Inhibiting Adipogenesis and Increasing Uncoupling Protein 1 Expression in White Adipose Tissue of Mice. Nutrients. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings provide evidence that MFGM may protect against diet-induced adiposity by suppressing adipogenesis and promoting brown-like transformation in WAT. ..
- Zou T, Wang B, Yang Q, de Avila J, Zhu M, You J, et al. Raspberry promotes brown and beige adipocyte development in mice fed high-fat diet through activation of AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) Î±1. J Nutr Biochem. 2018;55:157-164 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, AMPKÎ±1 is indispensable for the effects of RAS on brown and beige/brite adipocyte development, and prevention of obesity and metabolic dysfunction. ..
- Wang B, Wang Z, de Avila J, Zhu M, Zhang F, Gomez N, et al. Moderate alcohol intake induces thermogenic brown/beige adipocyte formation via elevating retinoic acid signaling. FASEB J. 2017;31:4612-4622 pubmed publisher..J., Zhang, F., Gomez, N. A., Zhao, L., Tian, Q., Zhao, J., Maricelli, J., Zhang, H., Rodgers, B. D., Du, M. Moderate alcohol intake induces thermogenic brown/beige adipocyte formation via elevating retinoic acid signaling. ..
- Zhao J, Yang Q, Zhang L, Liang X, Sun X, Wang B, et al. AMPK?1 deficiency suppresses brown adipogenesis in favor of fibrogenesis during brown adipose tissue development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:508-514 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrated that AMPK?1 deficiency suppressed brown adipogenesis in favor of fibrogenesis during BAT development. ..
- Wang B, Fu X, Liang X, Wang Z, Yang Q, Zou T, et al. Maternal Retinoids Increase PDGFR?+ Progenitor Population and Beige Adipogenesis in Progeny by Stimulating Vascular Development. EBioMedicine. 2017;18:288-299 pubmed publisher..Thus, enhancing maternal retinoids is an amiable therapeutic strategy to prevent obesity in offspring, especially for those born to obese mothers which account for one third of all pregnancies. ..
- Li T, Chen B, Du M, Song J, Cheng X, Wang X, et al. Casein Glycomacropeptide Hydrolysates Exert Cytoprotective Effect against Cellular Oxidative Stress by Up-Regulating HO-1 Expression in HepG2 Cells. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that bovine casein glycomacropeptide hydrolysates might be a potential ingredient in the treatment of oxidative stress-related disorders and further studies are needed to investigate the protective effects in vivo. ..
- Yang Q, Liang X, Sun X, Zhang L, Fu X, Rogers C, et al. AMPK/?-Ketoglutarate Axis Dynamically Mediates DNA Demethylation in the Prdm16 Promoter and Brown Adipogenesis. Cell Metab. 2016;24:542-554 pubmed publisher..In summary, AMPK is essential for the epigenetic control of BAT development through ?KG, thus linking a metabolite to progenitor cell differentiation and thermogenesis. ..
- Wang B, Yang G, Liang X, Zhu M, Du M. Grape seed extract prevents skeletal muscle wasting in interleukin 10 knockout mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014;14:162 pubmed publisher..GSE supplementation effectively prevents muscle wasting in IL10KO mice, showing that GSE can be used as an auxiliary treatment for muscle loss associated with chronic inflammation and frailty. ..