Joseph D Dougherty
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- The disruption of Celf6, a gene identified by translational profiling of serotonergic neurons, results in autism-related behaviorsJoseph D Dougherty
Department of Genetics and Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 33:2732-53. 2013..This work provides a reproducible and accurate method to profile serotonergic neurons under a variety of conditions and suggests a novel paradigm for gaining information on the etiology of psychiatric disorders...
- Mouse transgenesis in a single locus with independent regulation for multiple fluorophoresJoseph D Dougherty
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e40511. 2012..This generic solution should permit more sophisticated experimental manipulations to assess functional interactions amongst populations of cell types in vivo in a more rapid and efficient manner...
- Identifying essential cell types and circuits in autism spectrum disordersSusan E Maloney
Department of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Int Rev Neurobiol 113:61-96. 2013..We hope that in the future, systematic studies of cellular sufficiency and genetic interaction will help to classify patients into groups by type of cellular disruptions which suggest tractable therapeutic targets. ..
- Translational profiling of hypocretin neurons identifies candidate molecules for sleep regulationJasbir Dalal
Department of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Genes Dev 27:565-78. 2013..These data provide an in-depth and accurate profile of Hcrt neuron gene expression and suggest that Lhx9 may be important for specification or survival of a subset of these cells...
- Cell type-specific expression analysis to identify putative cellular mechanisms for neurogenetic disordersXiaoxiao Xu
Preston M Green Department of Electrical and Systems Engineering, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri 63130, and Departments of Genetics and Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Neurosci 34:1420-31. 2014..Our approach may be useful for identifying common cellular mechanisms arising from distinct genetic lesions. ..
- Analytical approaches to RNA profiling data for the identification of genes enriched in specific cellsJoseph D Dougherty
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 38:4218-30. 2010..We apply this measure to a large survey of CNS cell-specific microarray data to identify those genes that are significantly enriched in each population Data and algorithms are available online (www.bactrap.org)...