Elizabeth A Dodson
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- State legislators' work on public health-related issues: what influences priorities?Elizabeth A Dodson
Prevention Research Center in St Louis, and Brown School, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 19:25-9. 2013..Furthermore, researchers seeking to influence policy face an incomplete understanding of what influences legislators' decisions regarding which issues will receive their limited time and focus...
- A review of obesity-themed policy briefsElizabeth A Dodson
Prevention Research Center in St Louis, Brown School, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Am J Prev Med 43:S143-8. 2012..The purposes of this project were to identify a collection of obesity-related policy briefs, analyze the content, and make recommendations for model policy briefs...
- Use of evidence-based interventions in state health departments: a qualitative assessment of barriers and solutionsElizabeth A Dodson
George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Prevention Research Center in St Louis, Washington University, 660 S Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8109, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 16:E9-E15. 2010..Specifically, it identified barriers to using EBDM commonly faced by state-level chronic disease practitioners and solutions for increasing the use of EBDM...
- Preventing childhood obesity through state policy: qualitative assessment of enablers and barriersElizabeth A Dodson
Saint Louis University School of Public Health, St Louis, MO, USA
J Public Health Policy 30:S161-76. 2009..Although the total number of informants was modest, their valuable insights provide policymakers and practitioners with a set of enablers and barriers to be considered when pursuing state-level policy...
- Barriers to evidence-based decision making in public health: a national survey of chronic disease practitionersJulie A Jacobs
Prevention Research Center in St Louis, Saint Louis University School of Public Health, St Louis, MO, USA
Public Health Rep 125:736-42. 2010..This study investigated state and territorial chronic disease practitioners' self-reported barriers to evidence-based decision making (EBDM)...
- Communicating evidence-based information on cancer prevention to state-level policy makersRoss C Brownson
Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:306-16. 2011..We explored factors that influence the likelihood that state-level policy makers will find a policy brief understandable, credible, and useful...
- Physical activity and diabetes: opportunities for prevention through policyAnjali D Deshpande
Division of Health Behavior Research, Washington University School of Medicine, 4444 Forest Park Ave, Box 8504, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Phys Ther 88:1425-35. 2008..Policy interventions to increase population levels of physical activity show promise for diabetes prevention. Physical therapists are uniquely suited to influence primary prevention efforts for diabetes...
- Methods of generating state revenue for breast cancer prevention and early detection: an analysis of pink dollarsAmy A Eyler
Washington University in St Louis, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Prevention Research Center in St Louis, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Public Health Rep 126:733-40. 2011..We assessed income tax check-offs, specialty license plates, and lottery tickets as ways states raise funds for the early detection and prevention of breast cancer...
- Worksite policies and environments supporting physical activity in midwestern communitiesElizabeth A Dodson
Saint Louis University School of Public Health Community Health, Prevention Research Center, Department of Community Health, 3545 Lafayette Ave, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Am J Health Promot 23:51-5. 2008..To examine the association of worksite policies and environments to physical activity...
- Development and reliability testing of the worksite and energy balance surveyChristine M Hoehner
Division of Public Health Sciences, Department of Surgery, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri Drs Hoehner and Brownson and Ms Marx Prevention Research Center in St Louis, Brown School Ms Budd and Drs Dodson and Brownson
J Public Health Manag Pract 19:S105-13. 2013..Development of psychometrically sound measures of worksite environments and policy supports for physical activity and healthy eating are needed for use in public health research and practice...
- Gestational weight gain and pregnancy outcomes in obese women: how much is enough?Deborah W Kiel
Department of Community Health, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Obstet Gynecol 110:752-8. 2007..To examine the effect of gestational weight change on pregnancy outcomes in obese women...