Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- A randomized, double-blind, crossover design study of sevelamer hydrochloride and sevelamer carbonate in patients on hemodialysisJ Delmez
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Clin Nephrol 68:386-91. 2007..The study investigated the effects of sevelamer carbonate and sevelamer hydrochloride on serum phosphorus, lipids and bicarbonate levels in hemodialysis patients...
- Cerebrovascular disease in maintenance hemodialysis patients: results of the HEMO StudyJames A Delmez
Washington University, St Louis, MO, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 47:131-8. 2006....
- Efficacy and safety of a new kappa-opioid receptor agonist for the treatment of uremic pruritusJames A Delmez
Chromalloy American Kidney Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Nat Clin Pract Nephrol 2:358-9. 2006
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of niacinamide for reduction of phosphorus in hemodialysis patientsSteven C Cheng
Division of Nephrology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8129, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:1131-8. 2008..A prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover trial was performed for assessment of the safety and efficacy of niacinamide...
- The effect of oral niacinamide on plasma phosphorus levels in peritoneal dialysis patientsDaniel O Young
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Perit Dial Int 29:562-7. 2009..Niacinamide may effectively reduce phosphorus levels in peritoneal dialysis (PD) patients already receiving standard phosphorus-lowering therapies...
- Effect of dialysis dose and membrane flux in maintenance hemodialysisGarabed Eknoyan
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, USA
N Engl J Med 347:2010-9. 2002..The effects of the dose of dialysis and the level of flux of the dialyzer membrane on mortality and morbidity among patients undergoing maintenance hemodialysis are uncertain...
- Relationship between volume status and blood pressure during chronic hemodialysisJohn K Leypoldt
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 5350, USA
Kidney Int 61:266-75. 2002..Specifically, the effect of interdialytic fluid accumulation (or intradialytic fluid removal) on BP is controversial...
- Effect of clopidogrel on early failure of arteriovenous fistulas for hemodialysis: a randomized controlled trialLaura M Dember
Boston University, School of Medicine, Renal Section, EBRC 504, 650 Albany St, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
JAMA 299:2164-71. 2008..Small, inconclusive trials have suggested that antiplatelet agents may reduce thrombosis of new fistulas...