Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Colonna M. Interleukin-22-producing natural killer cells and lymphoid tissue inducer-like cells in mucosal immunity. Immunity. 2009;31:15-23 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss the challenges faced in furthering our understanding of the developmental relationships and role of NK and LTi-like cells in mucosal immune responses. ..
- Cortez V, Cervantes Barragan L, Robinette M, Bando J, Wang Y, Geiger T, et al. Transforming Growth Factor-? Signaling Guides the Differentiation of Innate Lymphoid Cells in Salivary Glands. Immunity. 2016;44:1127-39 pubmed publisher..Finally, TGF-? imprinting of SG ILCs was synchronized with SG development, highlighting the impact of tissue microenvironment on ILC development. ..
- Ulland T, Wang Y, Colonna M. Regulation of microglial survival and proliferation in health and diseases. Semin Immunol. 2015;27:410-5 pubmed publisher..Here we review the current literature regarding the roles of these microglial pathways in both the normal and diseased brain and discuss areas that require further investigation. ..
- Rowland S, Riggs J, Gilfillan S, Bugatti M, Vermi W, Kolbeck R, et al. Early, transient depletion of plasmacytoid dendritic cells ameliorates autoimmunity in a lupus model. J Exp Med. 2014;211:1977-91 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings demonstrate a critical function for pDCs during the IFN-Î±/Î²-dependent initiation of autoimmune lupus and point to pDCs as an attractive therapeutic target for the treatment of SLE. ..
- Wang Y, Ulland T, ULRICH J, Song W, Tzaferis J, Hole J, et al. TREM2-mediated early microglial response limits diffusion and toxicity of amyloid plaques. J Exp Med. 2016;213:667-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, TREM2 protects from AD by enabling microglia to surround and alter AÎ² plaque structure, thereby limiting neuritic damage. ..
- Robinette M, Colonna M. Immune modules shared by innate lymphoid cells and T cells. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2016;138:1243-1251 pubmed publisher..We review modules currently recognized to be shared between ILCs and T cells. ..
- Song W, Hooli B, Mullin K, Jin S, Cella M, Ulland T, et al. Alzheimer's disease-associated TREM2 variants exhibit either decreased or increased ligand-dependent activation. Alzheimers Dement. 2017;13:381-387 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that TREM2 signaling helps protect against AD but can cause harm in excess, supporting the idea that proper TREM2 function is important to counteract disease progression. ..
- Rapaport A, Schriewer J, Gilfillan S, Hembrador E, Crump R, Plougastel B, et al. The Inhibitory Receptor NKG2A Sustains Virus-Specific CD8âº T Cells in Response to a Lethal Poxvirus Infection. Immunity. 2015;43:1112-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, although inhibitory receptors often cause T cell exhaustion and viral spreading during chronic viral infections, NKG2A optimizes CD8(+) T cell responses during an acute poxvirus infection. ..
- Colonna M. DAP12 signaling: from immune cells to bone modeling and brain myelination. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:313-4 pubmed
- Wang Y, Cella M, Mallinson K, ULRICH J, Young K, Robinette M, et al. TREM2 lipid sensing sustains the microglial response in an Alzheimer's disease model. Cell. 2015;160:1061-71 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, the R47H mutation impairs TREM2 detection of lipid ligands. Thus, TREM2 detects damage-associated lipid patterns associated with neurodegeneration, sustaining the microglial response to AÎ² accumulation. ..