W J Catalona
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Use of the percentage of free prostate-specific antigen to enhance differentiation of prostate cancer from benign prostatic disease: a prospective multicenter clinical trialW J Catalona
Division of Urologic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
JAMA 279:1542-7. 1998..The percentage of free prostate-specific antigen (PSA) in serum has been shown to enhance the specificity of PSA testing for prostate cancer detection, but earlier studies provided only preliminary cutoffs for clinical use...
- Acute normovolemic hemodilution can replace preoperative autologous blood donation as a standard of care for autologous blood procurement in radical prostatectomyT G Monk
Department of Anesthesia, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Anesth Analg 85:953-8. 1997..Both blood collection techniques decrease the need for blood bank transfusions, but acute normovolemic hemodilution is less expensive and more convenient for patients...
- TGFBR1*6A is not associated with prostate cancer in men of European ancestryB K Suarez
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, Campus Box 8134, 660 S Euclid, St Louis, M 63110, USA
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 8:50-3. 2005..There is no compelling evidence for an association of the *6A variant with prostate cancer...
- Polymorphisms in the prostate cancer susceptibility gene HPC2/ELAC2 in multiplex families and healthy controlsB K Suarez
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University, School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cancer Res 61:4982-4. 2001..2 in these families. The T allele shows no association with either Gleason score or age-of-onset in segregating families...
- Scatter factor-hepatocyte growth factor elevation in the serum of patients with prostate cancerM Naughton
Division of Surgical Pathology, Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
J Urol 165:1325-8. 2001..SF-HGF levels are associated with metastatic prostate cancer independent of the prostate specific antigen level and patient age. These data imply that SF-HGF may be an important serum marker for prostate cancer...
- Frequent and early loss of the EGR1 corepressor NAB2 in human prostate carcinomaS A Abdulkadir
Department of Pathology and Division of Urologic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Hum Pathol 32:935-9. 2001..Our findings suggest that high levels of EGR1 coupled with low levels of NAB2 can result in high, unrestrained EGR1 transcriptional activity in human prostate cancers...
- Impaired prostate tumorigenesis in Egr1-deficient miceS A Abdulkadir
Department of Pathology, Washington University, Box 8118, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, Missouri 63119, USA
Nat Med 7:101-7. 2001..These results indicate a unique role for Egr1 in regulating the transition from localized, carcinoma in situ to invasive carcinoma...
- Expression profiling reveals hepsin overexpression in prostate cancerJ A Magee
Department of Pathology, Division of Laboratory Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cancer Res 61:5692-6. 2001..These facts, together with the molecular properties of hepsin, make it an ideal target for prostate cancer therapy...
- Efficacy of first-generation Cavermap to verify location and function of cavernous nerves during radical prostatectomy: a multi-institutional evaluation by experienced surgeonsP C Walsh
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Urology 57:491-4. 2001..Because virtually all patients demonstrated a positive response after removal of the prostate, the value of stimulation to predict the recovery of sexual function is yet to be determined...
- Autosomal dominant inheritance of prostate cancer: a confirmatory studyB A Verhage
Department of Urology and Epidemiology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Urology 57:97-101. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: These results are in agreement with earlier reports of segregation analyses of prostate cancer and strengthen the evidence that prostate cancer is inherited in a mendelian fashion within a subset of families...
- Expression and initial promoter characterization of PCAN1 in retinal tissue and prostate cell linesD Cross
Department of Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation, Marshfield, WI, USA
Med Oncol 21:145-53. 2004..1 and four potential binding sites for the PPAR/RXR heterodimer that is involved in the control of cell differentiation and apoptosis...
- Characterization of a method for profiling gene expression in cells recovered from intact human prostate tissue using RNA linear amplificationY Ding
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Northwestern University Medical School and the Robert H Lurie Cancer Center of Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 9:379-91. 2006..It also demonstrates that this approach efficiently identifies biologically relevant genes...
- Mutant L Homologue 1 (MLH1): a possible new immunohistochemical marker for prostatic cancerS-T Chuang
Histopathology 52:247-50. 2008