WENDY CATHERINE BROWN
Affiliation: Washington State University
- Mudenda L, Pierle S, Turse J, Scoles G, Purvine S, Nicora C, et al. Proteomics informed by transcriptomics identifies novel secreted proteins in Dermacentor andersoni saliva. Int J Parasitol. 2014;44:1029-37 pubmed publisher..We cross-referenced the proteomic data with the transcriptomic data to identify 157 proteins of interest for immunomodulation and blood feeding. Proteins of unknown function as well as known immunomodulators were identified. ..
- Brown W, Barbet A. Persistent Infections and Immunity in Ruminants to Arthropod-Borne Bacteria in the Family Anaplasmataceae. Annu Rev Anim Biosci. 2016;4:177-97 pubmed publisher..This indicates highly adapted strategies of Anaplasma spp. to both suppress protective immune responses and evade those that do develop. However, conserved subdominant antigens are potential targets for immunization. ..
- Zhang B, Cavallaro A, Mody K, Zhang J, Deringer J, Brown W, et al. Nanoparticle-Based Delivery of Anaplasma marginale Membrane Proteins; VirB9-1 and VirB10 Produced in the Pichia pastoris Expression System. Nanomaterials (Basel). 2016;6: pubmed publisher..Overall this study demonstrates the potential of self-adjuvanting silica vesicle formulations to address current deficiencies in vaccine delivery applications. ..
- Deringer J, Forero Becerra E, Ueti M, Turse J, Futse J, Noh S, et al. Identification of a T-Cell Epitope That Is Globally Conserved among Outer Membrane Proteins (OMPs) OMP7, OMP8, and OMP9 of Anaplasma marginale Strains and with OMP7 from the A. marginale subsp. centrale Vaccine Strain. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2017;24: pubmed publisher..marginale that can provide protection against disease caused by globally distributed bacterial strains. ..
- Brown W. Molecular approaches to elucidating innate and acquired immune responses to Babesia bovis, a protozoan parasite that causes persistent infection. Vet Parasitol. 2001;101:233-48 pubmed....
- Brown W, McGuire T, Mwangi W, Kegerreis K, Macmillan H, Lewin H, et al. Major histocompatibility complex class II DR-restricted memory CD4(+) T lymphocytes recognize conserved immunodominant epitopes of Anaplasma marginale major surface protein 1a. Infect Immun. 2002;70:5521-32 pubmed..The presence of multiple CD4(+) T-cell epitopes in the MSP1a HD, in addition to the neutralization-sensitive epitope, supports the testing of this immunogen for induction of protective immunity against A. marginale challenge...
- Brown W, Brayton K, Styer C, Palmer G. The hypervariable region of Anaplasma marginale major surface protein 2 (MSP2) contains multiple immunodominant CD4+ T lymphocyte epitopes that elicit variant-specific proliferative and IFN-gamma responses in MSP2 vaccinates. J Immunol. 2003;170:3790-8 pubmed..Antigenic variation in MSP2 Th cell and B cell epitopes may contribute to immune evasion that allows long-term persistence of A. marginale in the mammalian reservoir...
- Brown W, Norimine J, Goff W, Suarez C, McElwain T. Prospects for recombinant vaccines against Babesia bovis and related parasites. Parasite Immunol. 2006;28:315-27 pubmed..Development of successful non-living recombinant vaccines will depend on increased understanding of protective immune mechanisms and availability of parasite genomes...
- Okagawa T, Konnai S, Deringer J, Ueti M, Scoles G, Murata S, et al. Cooperation of PD-1 and LAG-3 Contributes to T-Cell Exhaustion in Anaplasma marginale-Infected Cattle. Infect Immun. 2016;84:2779-90 pubmed publisher..marginale-specific T cells following infection and that these immunoinhibitory receptors regulate T-cell responses during bovine anaplasmosis. ..