Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Dissemination of effective physical activity interventions: are we applying the evidence?Paula Ballew
Prevention Research Center in St Louis, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St Louis, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8109, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Health Educ Res 25:185-98. 2010....
- Developing web-based training for public health practitioners: what can we learn from a review of five disciplines?Paula Ballew
Prevention Research Center in St Louis, Brown School, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Health Educ Res 28:276-87. 2013..This review offers an opportunity to learn from other disciplines. Web-based training methods may prove to be a key training strategy for reaching our public health workforce in the environment of limited resources...
- Evidence-based interventions to promote physical activity: what contributes to dissemination by state health departmentsRoss C Brownson
Prevention Research Center, School of Public Health, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:S66-73; quiz S74-8. 2007..The purpose of this study was to better understand the dissemination of physical activity interventions across the United States, focusing particularly on evidence-based guidelines...
- Developing competencies for training practitioners in evidence-based cancer controlRoss C Brownson
Prevention Research Center in St Louis, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Department of Surgery and Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Cancer Educ 24:186-93. 2009..Competency-based education allows public health departments to better develop a workforce aimed at conducting evidence-based control cancer...
- The effect of disseminating evidence-based interventions that promote physical activity to health departmentsRoss C Brownson
Prevention Research Center, School of Public Health, Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Am J Public Health 97:1900-7. 2007..We explored the effect of disseminating evidence-based guidelines that promote physical activity on US health department organizational practices in the United States...