Jeffrey O Williams
Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Drinking and other risk taking behaviors of enlisted male soldiers in the US ArmyJeffrey O Williams
SSDS, Inc, Eight Nonesuch Drive, Natick, MA 01760 1041, USA
Work 18:141-50. 2002..Intervention programs should include safe driving habits and smoking cessation, as well as high-risk drinking, and should be tailored to the specific needs of the group at highest risk...
- The reliability and validity of the self-reported drinking measures in the Army's Health Risk Appraisal surveyNicole S Bell
Social Sectors Development Strategies Inc, Eight Nonesuch Drive, Natick, MA 01769 1041, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:826-34. 2003..The reliability and validity of self-reported drinking behaviors from the Army Health Risk Appraisal (HRA) survey are unknown...
- Demographic, physical, and mental health factors associated with deployment of U.S. Army soldiers to the Persian GulfNicole S Bell
SSDS, Inc, Natick, MA, USA
Mil Med 175:227-37. 2010..Postwar excess injury risk may be explained in part by a propensity for greater risk taking, which was evident before and persisted throughout the war...
- Epidemiology of hospitalizations and deaths from heat illness in soldiersRobert Carter
Thermal and Mountain Medicine Division, United States Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Natick, MA 01760, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 37:1338-44. 2005..Serious heat illness has received considerable recent attention due to catastrophic heat waves in the United States and Europe, the deaths of high-profile athletes, and military deployments...
- Epidemiology of U.S. Army cold weather injuries, 1980-1999David W DeGroot
U S Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Thermal and Mountain Medicine Division, Natick, MA 01760 5007, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 74:564-70. 2003..The purpose of this cross-sectional study was to determine the occurrence of CWI hospitalizations in the U.S. Army from 1980 to 1999, and to identify possible trends, high-risk groups and/or activities...