Brendan M Weiss
Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Optical density values correlate with the clinical probability of heparin induced thrombocytopeniaBrendan M Weiss
Hematology Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20307, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 26:243-7. 2008..A clinical scoring system to assess the pre-test probability of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, the 4 T's, has been reported to correlate with the serotonin release assay...
- A monoclonal gammopathy precedes multiple myeloma in most patientsBrendan M Weiss
Hematology Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Blood 113:5418-22. 2009..A preexisting M-Ig is present in most multiple myeloma patients before diagnosis. Some patients progress rapidly through a premalignant phase. Light-chain detected M-Ig is a new entity that requires further study...
- Advances in understanding monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance as a precursor of multiple myelomaBrendan M Weiss
Hematology Oncology Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Avenue N W, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Expert Rev Hematol 3:165-74. 2010..In the future, continued improvement in our understanding of MGUS will lead to the development of better biomarkers for prognosis and therapies for chemoprevention of MM...
- Patterns of monoclonal immunoglobulins and serum free light chains are significantly different in black compared to white monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS) patientsBrendan M Weiss
Hematology Oncology, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Am J Hematol 86:475-8. 2011..The biologic basis for these disparities and their effect on prognostic assessment is unknown. Prognostic models based on these biomarkers should be used cautiously in nonwhite populations...
- Current and future imaging modalities for multiple myeloma and its precursor statesEsther Tan
Multiple Myeloma Section, Medical Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 52:1630-40. 2011..This review summarizes the current status and possible future role of novel imaging modalities in multiple myeloma and its precursor states...
- The impact of race on outcomes of autologous transplantation in patients with multiple myelomaPramvir S Verma
Hematology and Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, NW Washington, District of Columbia 20307 500, USA
Am J Hematol 83:355-8. 2008....
- Massive transfusion and nonsurgical hemostatic agentsJeremy G Perkins
Hematology Oncology Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Crit Care Med 36:S325-39. 2008..Early prediction of massive transfusion requirements, using clinical and laboratory parameters, combined with aggressive management of hemorrhage by surgical and nonsurgical means, has significant potential to reduce early mortality...