Ellen Y Stromdahl
Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Evidence of Borrelia lonestari DNA in Amblyomma americanum (Acari: Ixodidae) removed from humansEllen Y Stromdahl
Entomological Sciences Program, U S Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland 21010 5403, USA
J Clin Microbiol 41:5557-62. 2003..lonestari flaB gene in GenBank. Despite the low prevalence of infection, the risk of B. lonestari transmission may be magnified because A. americanum is often abundant and aggressive, and many tick bite victims receive multiple bites...
- Rickettsia amblyommii infecting Amblyomma americanum larvaeEllen Y Stromdahl
Entomological Sciences Program, US Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21010 5403, USA
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 8:15-24. 2008..amblyommii and B. lonestari. Co-infections can compound effects and complicate diagnosis of tick-borne disease...
- Infrequency of Rickettsia rickettsii in Dermacentor variabilis removed from humans, with comments on the role of other human-biting ticks associated with spotted fever group Rickettsiae in the United StatesEllen Y Stromdahl
Entomological Sciences Program, US Army Public Health Command, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland 21010 5403, USA
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 11:969-77. 2011..americanum and A. maculatum populations might indicate the misdiagnosis as RMSF of diseases actually caused by other rickettsiae vectored by these ticks. Further studies on tick vectors are needed to elucidate the etiology of RMSF...
- A preliminary investigation of Ehrlichia species in ticks, humans, dogs, and capybaras from BrazilMarcelo B Labruna
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 7755 0609, USA
Vet Parasitol 143:189-95. 2007..canis infecting dogs in the Amazon region of Brazil. Further studies are needed to evaluate the presence of other agents of human and animal ehrlichioses in Brazil...
- Gulf Coast ticks (Amblyomma maculatum) and Rickettsia parkeri, United StatesJohn W Sumner
Infectious Disease Pathology Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 13:751-3. 2007..maculatum may be responsible for additional cases of R. parkeri rickettsiosis throughout much of its US range...
- Geographic distribution and genetic diversity of the Ehrlichia sp. from Panola Mountain in Amblyomma americanumAmanda D Loftis
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
BMC Infect Dis 8:54. 2008..A novel Ehrlichia, closely related to Ehrlichia ruminantium, was recently discovered from Panola Mountain State Park, GA, USA. We conducted a study to determine if this agent was recently introduced into the United States...