- Facial trauma in Operation Iraqi Freedom casualties: an outcomes study of patients treated from April 2006 through October 2006Nathan L Salinas
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, Texas 78234, USA
J Craniofac Surg 21:967-70. 2010..The deployed surgeon should use clinical judgment in repairing facial fractures in theater. If treatment is delayed, every effort should be made to affect a timely repair of the fractures...
- Coblation lesion formation in a porcine tongue modelNathan L Salinas
Department of Otolaryngology, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 143:448-53. 2010..To investigate, in a porcine tongue model, the lesions created by coblation to define the optimal application of this method in treating the enlarged tongue base in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome...
- Massive facial trauma following improvised explosive device blasts in Operation Iraqi FreedomNathan L Salinas
San Antonio Military Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas 78234, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 144:703-7. 2011..To investigate the association of massive facial trauma with brain and eye injuries, injury severity scores, and blood transfusion utilization...
- The joint facial and invasive neck trauma (J-FAINT) project, Iraq and Afghanistan 2003-2011Brent A Feldt
Department of Otolaryngology, San Antonio Military Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, Texas 73234, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 148:403-8. 2013..Define the number and type of facial and penetrating neck trauma injuries sustained in Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF)...
- Anatomical dissection and modified Sihler stain of the lower branches of the facial nerveNathan L Salinas
Department of Otolaryngology, Brooke Army Medical Center, Houston, TX, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 124:1905-15. 2009..The purpose of this study was to provide a detailed description of the anatomy and function of the cervical branch to assist surgeons operating in the face and neck...