Edwin V Oaks
Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Development and evaluation of a Shigella flexneri 2a and S. sonnei bivalent invasin complex (Invaplex) vaccineEdwin V Oaks
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910 7510, USA
Vaccine 24:2290-301. 2006..These studies indicate that the subcellular Invaplex vaccine will be readily adaptable to a multivalent vaccine approach for shigellosis...
- Mucosal adjuvanticity of a Shigella invasin complex with dna-based vaccinesRobert W Kaminski
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:574-86. 2009..The cellular binding and transport capabilities of Invaplex likely contribute to the adjuvanticity and immunogenicity of Invaplex...
- Immunogenicity and efficacy of highly purified invasin complex vaccine from Shigella flexneri 2aK Ross Turbyfill
Division of Bacterial and Rickettsial Diseases, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, 503 Robert Grant Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910 7500, USA
Vaccine 26:1353-64. 2008..Isolation and characterization of the immunogenic and protective moiety within Invaplex will allow better standardization of the Invaplex product and may allow future development of an Invaplex assembled from purified components...
- Safety and immunogenicity of an intranasal Shigella flexneri 2a Invaplex 50 vaccineMark S Riddle
Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD, USA
Vaccine 29:7009-19. 2011..The current study examined vaccine safety and immunogenicity across a dose range and the clinical performance of a new intranasal delivery device...
- Inactivated and subunit vaccines to prevent shigellosisRobert W Kaminski
Division of Bacterial and Rickettsial Diseases, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, 503 Robert Grant Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 8:1693-704. 2009..Outlined here is an overview of multiple nonliving vaccine technologies, highlighting their current status and recent advances in testing. In addition, gaps in the knowledge base regarding immune mechanisms of protection are explored...
- Mucosal adjuvant properties of the Shigella invasin complexRobert W Kaminski
Department of Enteric Infections, Division of Communicable Diseases and Immunology, The Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, 503 Robert Grant Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Infect Immun 74:2856-66. 2006..Preexisting Invaplex-specific immunity did not interfere with the capacity to enhance the immunogenicity of a second, unrelated vaccine antigen, suggesting that Invaplex could be used as a mucosal adjuvant in multiple vaccine regimens...
- Multiplexed immunoassay to assess Shigella-specific antibody responsesRobert W Kaminski
Department of Subunit Enteric Vaccines and Immunology, Bacterial Diseases Branch, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910 7500, USA
J Immunol Methods 393:18-29. 2013....
- IpaD localizes to the tip of the type III secretion system needle of Shigella flexneriMarianela Espina
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Kansas, 1200 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
Infect Immun 74:4391-400. 2006..Thus, this study demonstrates that IpaD localizes to the TTSA needle tip, where it functions to control the secretion and proper insertion of translocators into host cell membranes...