Charles S Milliken
Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Principles guiding implementation of the Operation Solace plan: "Pieces of PIES," therapy by walking around, and care managementCharles S Milliken
Operation Solace, Department of Psychiatry, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Mil Med 167:48-57. 2002....
- Longitudinal assessment of mental health problems among active and reserve component soldiers returning from the Iraq warCharles S Milliken
Division of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910, USA
JAMA 298:2141-8. 2007..A previous article focusing only on the initial screening is likely to have underestimated the mental health burden...
- Mental health problems, use of mental health services, and attrition from military service after returning from deployment to Iraq or AfghanistanCharles W Hoge
Division of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Washington, DC, USA
JAMA 295:1023-32. 2006..To date, no systematic analysis of this program has been conducted, and studies have not assessed the impact of these deployments on mental health care utilization after deployment...
- Operation Solace: overview of the mental health intervention following the September 11, 2001 Pentagon attackCharles W Hoge
Behavioral Health Division, Health Policy and Services Directorate, US Army Medical Command, Fort Sam, Houston, TX 78234, USA
Mil Med 167:44-7. 2002..S. mass casualty scenarios. This article summarizes the goals, methods, and rationale used to develop the plan, as well as the key elements of the behavioral health intervention developed in response to the attack...
- Psychological sequelae of September 11Charles W Hoge
N Engl J Med 347:443-5; author reply 443-5. 2002