Tamra E Meyer
Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Neuropsychiatric events in varenicline and nicotine replacement patch users in the Military Health SystemTamra E Meyer
Department of the Army, Office of the Surgeon General, Pharmacovigilance Center, Falls Church, VA 22042 5142, USA
Addiction 108:203-10. 2013..To determine the rate ratio of neuropsychiatric hospitalizations in new users of varenicline compared to new users of nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) patch in the Military Health System (MHS)...
- The association between inflammation-related genes and serum androgen levels in men: the prostate, lung, colorectal, and ovarian studyTamra E Meyer
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20852, USA
Prostate 72:65-71. 2012..Androgens and inflammation have been implicated in the etiology of several cancers, including prostate cancer. Serum androgens have been shown to correlate with markers of inflammation and expression of inflammation-related genes...
- A reproducible and high-throughput HPLC/MS method to separate sarcosine from α- and β-alanine and to quantify sarcosine in human serum and urineTamra E Meyer
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Anal Chem 83:5735-40. 2011..7% and ICC = 98.2% and interassay CV = 12.3% and ICC = 94.2%). In conclusion, this high-throughput LC-MS method is able to resolve sarcosine from α- and β-alanine and is useful for quantifying sarcosine in serum and urine samples...
- Association between genetic variants in the 8q24 cancer risk regions and circulating levels of androgens and sex hormone-binding globulinLisa W Chu
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:1848-54. 2010..Genome-wide association studies have identified multiple independent regions on chromosome 8q24 that are associated with cancers of the prostate, breast, colon, and bladder...
- Acetaminophen overdose in the Military Health SystemLockwood G Taylor
Pharmacovigilance Center, Health Policy and Services, Office of the Surgeon General, Department of the Army, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:375-83. 2012..We also assess the proportion of individuals with an acetaminophen overdose who received a prescription for any acetaminophen-containing medication prior to their event...
- Measuring serum melatonin in epidemiologic studiesAnn W Hsing
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Boulevard, EPS 5024, MSC 7234, Bethesda, MD 20852 7234, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:932-7. 2010....
- Androgen receptor CAG repeat length and risk of biliary tract cancer and stonesTamra E Meyer
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, EPS Room 5032, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:787-93. 2010..Further studies are needed to confirm these findings and clarify the mechanisms involved...