Tamra E Meyer
Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Neuropsychiatric events in varenicline and nicotine replacement patch users in the Military Health SystemTamra E Meyer
Department of the Army, Office of the Surgeon General, Pharmacovigilance Center, Falls Church, VA 22042 5142, USA
Addiction 108:203-10. 2013..To determine the rate ratio of neuropsychiatric hospitalizations in new users of varenicline compared to new users of nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) patch in the Military Health System (MHS)...
- The association between inflammation-related genes and serum androgen levels in men: the prostate, lung, colorectal, and ovarian studyTamra E Meyer
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20852, USA
Prostate 72:65-71. 2012..Androgens and inflammation have been implicated in the etiology of several cancers, including prostate cancer. Serum androgens have been shown to correlate with markers of inflammation and expression of inflammation-related genes...
- A reproducible and high-throughput HPLC/MS method to separate sarcosine from α- and β-alanine and to quantify sarcosine in human serum and urineTamra E Meyer
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Anal Chem 83:5735-40. 2011..7% and ICC = 98.2% and interassay CV = 12.3% and ICC = 94.2%). In conclusion, this high-throughput LC-MS method is able to resolve sarcosine from α- and β-alanine and is useful for quantifying sarcosine in serum and urine samples...
- Association between genetic variants in the 8q24 cancer risk regions and circulating levels of androgens and sex hormone-binding globulinLisa W Chu
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:1848-54. 2010..Genome-wide association studies have identified multiple independent regions on chromosome 8q24 that are associated with cancers of the prostate, breast, colon, and bladder...
- Prospective evaluation of serum sarcosine and risk of prostate cancer in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian Cancer Screening TrialStella Koutros
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Carcinogenesis 34:2281-5. 2013..95-1.59, P-interaction = 0.01). This study found that elevated levels of serum sarcosine are associated with an increased prostate cancer risk and evidence to suggest that sarcosine may be an early biomarker for this disease. ..
- Acetaminophen overdose in the Military Health SystemLockwood G Taylor
Pharmacovigilance Center, Health Policy and Services, Office of the Surgeon General, Department of the Army, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:375-83. 2012..We also assess the proportion of individuals with an acetaminophen overdose who received a prescription for any acetaminophen-containing medication prior to their event...
- Measuring serum melatonin in epidemiologic studiesAnn W Hsing
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Boulevard, EPS 5024, MSC 7234, Bethesda, MD 20852 7234, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:932-7. 2010....
- Androgen receptor CAG repeat length and risk of biliary tract cancer and stonesTamra E Meyer
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, EPS Room 5032, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:787-93. 2010..Further studies are needed to confirm these findings and clarify the mechanisms involved...