Wenjun Zhou Martini
Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Does bicarbonate correct coagulation function impaired by acidosis in swine?Wenjun Z Martini
US Army Institute of Surgical Research, Ft Sam Houston, Texas, USA
J Trauma 61:99-106. 2006..Acidosis can be neutralized with intravascular bicarbonate, but it is unclear if the coagulation defect is rapidly reversed. The effects of acidosis and bicarbonate neutralization on coagulation function were investigated in vivo...
- Comparisons of lactated Ringer's and Hextend resuscitation on hemodynamics and coagulation following femur injury and severe hemorrhage in pigsWenjun Z Martini
US Army Institute of Surgical Research, Fort Sam Houston, Texas 78234, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 74:732-9; discussion 739-40. 2013..This study compared coagulation function after resuscitation with Hextend and lactated Ringer's (LR) solution in pigs with tissue injury and hemorrhagic shock...
- Different recovery profiles of coagulation factors, thrombin generation, and coagulation function after hemorrhagic shock in pigsWenjun Z Martini
US Army Institute of Surgical Research, Ft Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas 78234, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 73:640-7. 2012..Hemorrhagic shock contributes to coagulopathy after trauma. We investigated daily changes of coagulation components and coagulation function for 5 days in hemorrhaged and resuscitated pigs...
- Daily profiles of fibrinogen metabolism for 5 days following hemorrhage and lactated ringer's resuscitation in pigsWenjun Z Martini
U S Army Institute of Surgical Research, Ft Sam Houston, Texas 78234, USA
Shock 37:605-10. 2012..The increase in fibrinogen appeared primarily due to a sustained increase in fibrinogen synthesis...
- Fibrinogen availability and coagulation function after hemorrhage and resuscitation in pigsWenjun Z Martini
United States Army Institute of Surgical Research, Fort Sam Houston, Texas, USA
Mol Med 17:757-61. 2011..The rebound of fibrinogen at 24 h restored clot strength despite platelet deficit. These data suggest the potential compensatory role of fibrinogen in restoring coagulation function in vivo after hemorrhagic shock...
- Enhanced albumin synthesis in severely burned adultsWenjun Z Martini
US Army Institute of Surgical Research, Ft Sam, Houston, TX 78234, USA
Shock 34:364-8. 2010..6 ± 0.2 mg · kg-1 · h-1) was enhanced compared with controls (2.2 ± 0.2 mg · kg-1 · h-1; P < 0.05). Despite the decrease in albumin concentration, albumin synthesis was enhanced in severely burned patients during the flow phase...
- Coagulopathy by hypothermia and acidosis: mechanisms of thrombin generation and fibrinogen availabilityWenjun Zhou Martini
Hemostasis Program, US Army Institute of Surgical Research, Fort Sam Houston, Texas 78234, USA
J Trauma 67:202-8; discussion 208-9. 2009..quot; A better understanding of the underlying mechanisms will facilitate the search for effective therapeutic approaches when this lethal triad cannot be avoided...
- Fibrinogen metabolic responses to traumaWenjun Zhou Martini
US Army Institute of Surgical Research, Ft Sam Houston, TX 78234, USA
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 17:2. 2009..Future prospective clinical trials are needed to confirm the beneficial effects of fibrinogen supplementation in trauma patients with bleeding complications...
- Thrombelastography is better than PT, aPTT, and activated clotting time in detecting clinically relevant clotting abnormalities after hypothermia, hemorrhagic shock and resuscitation in pigsWenjun Z Martini
The US Army Institute of Surgical Research, 3400 Rawley E Chambers Avenue, Ft Sam Houston, TX 78234, USA
J Trauma 65:535-43. 2008..In this study, we investigated the independent and combined effects of hypothermia and hemorrhage with resuscitation on coagulation in swine and evaluated clinically relevant tests of coagulation...
- Effects of hemorrhage and lactated Ringer's resuscitation on coagulation and fibrinogen metabolism in swineWenjun Z Martini
US Army Institute of Surgical Research, Fort Sam Houston, Texas 78234, USA
Shock 26:396-401. 2006..Thus, effective treatment of hemorrhage should include combining standard-of-care resuscitation with interventions to correct alterations in coagulation...
- Acidosis and coagulopathy: the differential effects on fibrinogen synthesis and breakdown in pigsWenjun Z Martini
US Army Institute of Surgical Research, Fort Sam Houston, Texas, USA
Ann Surg 246:831-5. 2007..This study was designed to investigate the effects of acidosis on fibrinogen metabolism and coagulation function in a swine model...
- Evaluation of tris-hydroxymethylaminomethane on reversing coagulation abnormalities caused by acidosis in pigsWenjun Z Martini
U S Army Institute of Surgical Research, Ft Sam Houston, TX, USA
Crit Care Med 35:1568-74. 2007..To investigate the effect of tris-hydroxymethylaminomethane (THAM) pH neutralization on reversing coagulation abnormalities caused by acidosis...
- The effects of hypothermia on fibrinogen metabolism and coagulation function in swineWenjun Znou Martini
The US Army Institute of Surgical Research, Ft Sam Houston, TX 78234, USA
Metabolism 56:214-21. 2007..Our data support the current practices of rewarming and prescribing recombinant factor VIIa for hypothermic patients with coagulation defects...
- Independent contributions of hypothermia and acidosis to coagulopathy in swineWenjun Z Martini
U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research, Fort Sam Houston, Texas 78234, USA
J Trauma 58:1002-9; discussion 1009-10. 2005..These results confirm the need to prevent or correct hypothermia and acidosis and indicate the need for improved techniques to monitor coagulopathy in the trauma population...
- Acute changes in fibrinogen metabolism and coagulation after hemorrhage in pigsWenjun Z Martini
The US Army Institute of Surgical Research, 3400 Rawley E. Chambers Ave, Ft. Sam Houston, TX 78234, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 289:E930-4. 2005..05). No changes were found in liver enzyme activities. We conclude that the observed changes in coagulation after hemorrhagic shock are mechanistically related to the acute acceleration of fibrinogen degradation...
- The ratio of fibrinogen to red cells transfused affects survival in casualties receiving massive transfusions at an army combat support hospitalHarry K Stinger
Brooke Army Medical Center, U S Army Institute of Surgical Research, San Antonio, TX 78234 6200, USA
J Trauma 64:S79-85; discussion S85. 2008..Our objective was to determine whether increased ratios of fibrinogen to red blood cells (RBCs) decreased mortality in combat casualties requiring massive transfusion...
- Thromboelastography as a better indicator of hypercoagulable state after injury than prothrombin time or activated partial thromboplastin timeMyung S Park
U S Army Institute of Surgical Research, Fort Sam Houston, Texas, USA
J Trauma 67:266-75; discussion 275-6. 2009..We hypothesized that a hypercoagulable state exists in patients early after severe injury and that the pattern of clotting and fibrinolysis are similar between burned and nonburn trauma patients...
- Dietary fat composition alters pulmonary function in pigsRobert R Wolfe
Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
Nutrition 18:647-53. 2002..We investigated the effect of various dietary fats on pulmonary surfactant composition and lung function changes that occur before and after endotoxin infusion in pigs...