Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- A Phase 2 study of a purified, inactivated virus vaccine to prevent Japanese encephalitisArthur Lyons
Department of Virus Diseases, Division of Communicable Diseases and Immunology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Vaccine 25:3445-53. 2007..JE-PIV was well tolerated, resulted in high seroconversion rates [Day 56 (primary endpoint); 95-100%] and induced enduring immune responses up to 2 years after vaccination. Expanded Phase 3 trials are planned...
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the safety and immunogenicity of live, oral type 4 and type 7 adenovirus vaccines in adultsArthur Lyons
Department of Virus Diseases, Division of Communicable Diseases and Immunology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD, USA
Vaccine 26:2890-8. 2008..3) while 63% seroconverted to ADV-7 (GMT 51.1) by Day 28. The new ADV-4 and ADV-7 vaccines were safe and induced a good immune response in the study population. Expanded trials for safety and efficacy are in progress...
- Genome sequences of human adenovirus 14 isolates from mild respiratory cases and a fatal pneumonia, isolated during 2006-2007 epidemics in North AmericaHuo Shu H Houng
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, 20910, USA
Respir Res 11:116. 2010..Some outbreaks have been relatively mild, with low rates of progression beyond uncomplicated FRI, while other outbreaks have involved high rates of more serious outcomes...
- Emergent 2009 influenza A(H1N1) viruses containing HA D222N mutation associated with severe clinical outcomes in the AmericasHuo Shu H Houng
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
J Clin Virol 53:12-5. 2012..Genetically, the haemagglutinin (HA) of this sub-clade was distinct from HAs found in viruses associated with severe outbreaks in 2010 from the United Kingdom and from other global specimens isolated earlier in the season...
- Multiplexed Luminex xMAP assay for detection and identification of five adenovirus serotypes associated with epidemics of respiratory disease in adultsCicely Washington
Division of Viral Diseases, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910, USA
J Clin Microbiol 48:2217-22. 2010..This multiplexed assay can be expanded to include more serotypes and will allow broad and rapid detection and identification of adenoviral serotypes in a high-throughput environment...