Amanda M Kelley
Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Cognition enhancement by modafinil: a meta-analysisAmanda M Kelley
U S Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory, Fort Rucker, AL 36362 0577, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 83:685-90. 2012..There is considerable information available on many of these drugs. However, considerations for military appropriateness must be based on proficient research (e.g., randomly controlled trial design)...
- Risk propensity and health risk behaviors in U.S. army soldiers with and without psychological disturbances across the deployment cycleAmanda M Kelley
United States Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory, Building 6901, Farrel Rd, PO Box 620577, Fort Rucker, AL 36362 0577, USA
J Psychiatr Res 46:582-9. 2012..This study has implications for not only adjustment to life post-deployment at the individual level but also operational readiness...
- Tactile cues in continuous operations: a preliminary studyAmanda M Kelley
Warfighter Health Division, U S Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory, Fort Rucker, AL, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 85:172-6. 2014..The potential for the user to adapt and habituate to the stimulus of tactile display systems has not yet been investigated...
- Modafinil as a replacement for dextroamphetamine for sustaining alertness in military helicopter pilotsArthur Estrada
Warfighter Health Division, U S Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory, 6901 Ferrel Rd, P O Box 620577, Fort Rucker, AL 36362 0577, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 83:556-64. 2012..This study sought to establish the efficacy and safety of modafinil during actual flying operations, thus providing the operational validity desired to approve the use of modafinil for helicopter flight operations...
- Comparison of the effects of ketamine and morphine on performance of representative military tasksSteven J Gaydos
U S Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory, Fort Rucker, Alabama
J Emerg Med 48:313-24. 2015..Given the adverse side-effect profile of intramuscular (i.m.) morphine, alternative analgesics and routes of administration are of interest. Ketamine may be of value in this capacity...
- Tactile cues for orienting pilots during hover over moving targetsAmanda M Kelley
U S Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory, Fort Rucker, AL, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 84:1255-61. 2013..The efficacy of the cues provided by the tactile system was assessed under various conditions (rested vs. fatigued, clear vs. degraded visual environment)...