M Shayne Gallaway
Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Factors associated with physical aggression among US Army soldiersMichael Shayne Gallaway
Behavioral and Social Health Outcomes Program, US Army Institute of Public Health, US Army Public Health Command, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, USA
Aggress Behav 38:357-67. 2012..Clinicians treating service members returning from combat may consider assessing relative levels of combat...
- The association between use of spermicides or male condoms and major structural birth defectsM Shayne Gallaway
School of Public Health, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Contraception 80:422-9. 2009..Women may become pregnant while using contraceptives. Commonly used contraceptives containing spermicides may or may not be associated with an increased occurrence of structural birth defects...
- The association between deployment-related posttraumatic growth among U.S. Army soldiers and negative behavioral health conditionsM Shayne Gallaway
U S Army Institute of Public Health
J Clin Psychol 67:1151-60. 2011..This study assessed posttraumatic growth (PTG) in a sample of U.S. Army Soldiers using the Post-Traumatic Growth Inventory (PTGI), and the relationship between PTG and negative behavioral health (BH) conditions...
- Assessment of subthreshold and developing behavioral health concerns among U.S. army soldiersDavid S Fink
U S Army Public Health Command USAPHC, U S Army Institute of Public Health, Behavioral and Social Health Outcomes Program BSHOP, 5158 Blackhawk Road, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21010
Mil Med 178:1188-95. 2013..The recent loss of someone close (an indicator of grief and loss) was not the study's primary research question, but warrants further investigation to determine its impact on the mental well-being of soldiers. ..
- The association between US Army enlistment waivers and subsequent behavioral and social health outcomes and attrition from serviceM Shayne Gallaway
U S Army Institute of Public Health, Behavioral and Social Health Outcomes Program, 5158 Blackhawk Road, Building E 1570, Gunpowder, MD 21010, USA
Mil Med 178:261-6. 2013..Soldiers granted waivers for felony offenses and serious nontraffic violations were significantly less likely to separate from the Army compared with Soldiers not granted enlistment waivers...
- An epidemiologic investigation of homicides at Fort Carson, Colorado: summary of findingsAmy M Millikan
U S Army Public Health Command, Behavioral and Social Health Outcomes Program, 5158 Blackhawk Road, Building E 1570, Gunpowder, MD 21010, USA
Mil Med 177:404-11. 2012..Although not conclusive, the findings suggest a combination of individual, unit, and environmental factors converged to increase the risk of violent behaviors, which made clustering of negative outcomes more likely...
- An Epidemiological Assessment of Reintegration and Behavioral Health Risk at Joint Base Lewis-McCord, WashingtonM Shayne Gallaway
U S Army Institute of Public Health, Behavioral and Social Health Outcomes Program, 5158 Blackhawk Road, Building E 1570, Gunpowder, MD, 21010
Mil Med 179:594-601. 2014..Acts of violence were limited to the deployment and immediate postdeployment periods and were allegedly perpetrated by a very small number of Soldiers. ..
- Prepregnancy obesity as a risk factor for structural birth defectsD Kim Waller
School of Public Health, The University of Texas at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:745-50. 2007..To describe the relation between maternal obesity, overweight and underweight status, and 16 categories of structural birth defects...
- An examination of successful soldier postdeployment transition from combat to garrison lifeDavid S Fink
Behavioral and Social Health Outcomes Program BSHOP, U S Army Institute of Public Health, U S Army Public Health Command, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, USA
J Trauma Stress 27:98-102. 2014....
- Prevalence of childhood trauma among U.S. Army soldiers with suicidal behaviorRossybelle Perales
Army Institute of Public Health, 5188 Blackhawk Road, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 2101, USA
Mil Med 177:1034-40. 2012..The need for further research among military populations is clear given the high prevalence of childhood trauma found among these Soldiers with suicidal behavior and the lack of complete data for this population...
- Maternal fever during early pregnancy and the risk of oral cleftsS Shahrukh Hashmi
The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 88:186-94. 2010..This finding suggests that adequate control of fever may diminish the deleterious effects of fever in cases of oral cleft...
- Psychosocial and demographic predictors of fruit, juice and vegetable consumption among 11-14-year-old Boy ScoutsM Shayne Gallaway
Houston Health Science Center, School of Public Health, The University of Texas at Houston, 1200 Hermann Pressler Drive, Suite E 627, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Public Health Nutr 10:1508-14. 2007..Psychosocial and demographic correlates of fruit, juice and vegetable (FJV) consumption were investigated to guide how to increase FJV intake...