Louis M French
Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Assessing and treating veterans with traumatic brain injuryLouis M French
Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Washington DC 20307, USA
J Clin Psychol 64:1004-13. 2008..In this article, the authors describe the complex presentations in this population of traumatically brain injured combat veterans and illustrate with case vignettes...
- Care coordination in military traumatic brain injuryLouis M French
Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Soc Work Health Care 50:501-14. 2011..This article examines the medical and emotional implications of mild TBI and offers suggestions for care of those affected, both the service member and his/her family...
- Influence of bodily injuries on symptom reporting following uncomplicated mild traumatic brain injury in US military service membersLouis M French
Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia 20307, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 27:63-74. 2012..To examine the relations among bodily injuries, traumatic stress, and postconcussion symptoms in a sample of combat-injured US service members who sustained a mild traumatic brain injury...
- Case report of a soldier with primary blast brain injuryDeborah L Warden
Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Building 1, Room B207, 6900 Georgia Avenue NW, Washington DC 20309 5001, USA
Neuroimage 47:T152-3. 2009..Neuroimaging abnormalities are described together with normalization of the fractional anisotrophy on diffusion tensor imaging after follow-up imaging studies...
- Military traumatic brain injury: an examination of important differencesLouis M French
Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1208:38-45. 2010..Successful treatment of these individuals must use a multidisciplinary approach focused on the varied conditions that occur in those injured...
- Traumatic brain injury associated with combat ocular traumaEric D Weichel
Ophthalmology Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Ave, Washington, DC 20307, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 24:41-50. 2009..To determine the impact of traumatic brain injury (TBI) on visual outcomes in combat ocular trauma (COT) and determine the association between TBI severity and types of ocular injuries...