Miguel A Arroyo
Affiliation: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Short communication: HIV type 1 genetic diversity among tea plantation workers in Kericho, KenyaMiguel A Arroyo
Division of Retrovirology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research U S Military HIV Research Program MHRP, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 25:1061-4. 2009..6), respectively. In conclusion, our results suggest that there is considerable heterogeneity with respect to HIV-1 subtype diversity in this population that should be considered in the planning for future vaccine trials in the region...
- HIV-1 diversity and prevalence differ between urban and rural areas in the Mbeya region of TanzaniaMiguel A Arroyo
US Military HIV Research Program USMHRP, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Division of Retrovirology, 1600 East Gude Drive, Silver Spring, MD 20850, USA
AIDS 19:1517-24. 2005..To characterize HIV-1 strains in a potential vaccine trial cohort (CODE) in the Mbeya region of southwest Tanzania...
- Class I HLA-A*7401 is associated with protection from HIV-1 acquisition and disease progression in Mbeya, TanzaniaRebecca N Koehler
US Military HIV Research Program, Henry M Jackson Foundation, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
J Infect Dis 202:1562-6. 2010..This observation calls for additional investigation of mechanisms by which HLA-A*74:01 may influence HIV-1 acquisition and control of the infection...
- Higher HIV-1 incidence and genetic complexity along main roads in Rakai District, UgandaMiguel A Arroyo
US Military HIV Research Program USMHRP, Division of Retrovirology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:440-5. 2006..To determine the association between the incidence of HIV-1 infection and the genetic complexity of HIV-1 strains in 2 geographic strata within Rakai District, Uganda...
- RecDraw: a software package for the representation of HIV-1 recombinant structuresGustavo H Kijak
US Military HIV Research Program, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:1317-21. 2010..RecDraw is a platform-flexible, Java stand-alone application available through http://www.hivresearch.org/research.php?ServiceID = 5&SubServiceID = 6 ...
- HIV type 1 subtypes among blood donors in the Mbeya region of southwest TanzaniaMiguel A Arroyo
U S Military HIV Research Program USMHRP, Walter Reed Army Research Institute, Division of Retrovirology, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 20:895-901. 2004..Based on this work, subtype C appears to be the prevalent subtype in southwest Tanzania, followed by a high proportion of intersubtype recombinants...