Affiliation: Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- The impact of FADS genetic variants on ω6 polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolism in African AmericansRasika A Mathias
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, The GeneSTAR Research Program, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
BMC Genet 12:50. 2011....
- Effect of a multifaceted, church-based wellness program on metabolic syndrome in 41 overweight or obese congregantsPriscilla Ivester
Center for Botanical Lipids, 391 Technology Way, Winston Salem, NC 27101, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 7:A81. 2010..Our objective was to determine the effect of a short-term, multifaceted wellness program carried out in a church setting on weight, metabolic syndrome, and self-reported wellness...
- Impact of botanical oils on polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolism and leukotriene generation in mild asthmaticsJonathan P Arm
Department of Physiology Pharmacology, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, 27157, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Lipids Health Dis 12:141. 2013....
- Effect of dietary fatty acids on inflammatory gene expression in healthy humansKelly L Weaver
Department of Internal Medicine, Section on Molecular Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
J Biol Chem 284:15400-7. 2009..These data reveal that PUFA may exert their clinical effects via their capacity to regulate the expression of signal transduction genes and genes for proinflammatory cytokines...
- Differences in arachidonic acid levels and fatty acid desaturase (FADS) gene variants in African Americans and European Americans with diabetes or the metabolic syndromeSusan Sergeant
The Center for Botanical Lipids and Inflammatory Disease Prevention, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Br J Nutr 107:547-55. 2012..These differences may provide a genetic mechanism contributing to health disparities between populations of African and European descent...
- Depression and altered serum lipids in cynomolgus monkeys consuming a Western dietFloyd H Chilton
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Physiol Behav 104:222-7. 2011....
- The content of favorable and unfavorable polyunsaturated fatty acids found in commonly eaten fishKelly L Weaver
Department of Internal Medicine, Section on Molecular Medicine, Wake Forest Center for Botanical Lipids, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27101, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 108:1178-85. 2008....