RALPH B D'AGOSTINO
Affiliation: Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- Neighborhood level risk factors for type 1 diabetes in youth: the SEARCH case-control studyAngela D Liese
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Center for Research in Nutrition and Health Disparities, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, 921 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Int J Health Geogr 11:1. 2012..Home addresses were used to identify Census tracts of residence. Neighborhood-level variables were obtained from 2000 U.S. Census. Multivariate generalized linear mixed models were applied...
- Cardiovascular disease risk factors predict the development of type 2 diabetes: the insulin resistance atherosclerosis studyRALPH B D'AGOSTINO
Department of Public Health Science, Biostatistics Section, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Diabetes Care 27:2234-40. 2004..Our objective was to determine whether the presence of CVD RFs predict the eventual development of diabetes after controlling for known RFs, such as directly measured insulin resistance and obesity...
- Disparities in A1C levels between Hispanic and non-Hispanic white adults with diabetes: a meta-analysisJulienne K Kirk
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1084, USA
Diabetes Care 31:240-6. 2008..Hispanics have higher rates of diabetes and diabetes-related complications than do non-Hispanic whites. A meta-analysis was conducted to estimate the difference between the mean values of A1C for these two groups...
- Novel approach to early detection of doxorubicin cardiotoxicity by gadolinium-enhanced cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging in an experimental modelJames C Lightfoot
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 3:550-8. 2010....
- Evaluating the effectiveness of a lay health promoter-led, community-based participatory pesticide safety intervention with farmworker familiesSara A Quandt
Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Health Promot Pract 14:425-32. 2013..This study adds to the literature by demonstrating their effectiveness in a public health setting with rigorous evaluation...
- Location of arterial stiffening differs in those with impaired fasting glucose versus diabetes: implications for left ventricular hypertrophy from the Multi-Ethnic Study of AtherosclerosisPairoj Rerkpattanapipat
Department of Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Diabetes 58:946-53. 2009....
- Diabetes in non-Hispanic white youth: prevalence, incidence, and clinical characteristics: the SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth StudyRonny A Bell
Division of Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Diabetes Care 32:S102-11. 2009..To investigate the incidence, prevalence, and clinical characteristics of diabetes among U.S. non-Hispanic white (NHW) youth...
- The resistance of breast cancer stem cells to conventional hyperthermia and their sensitivity to nanoparticle-mediated photothermal therapyAndrew R Burke
Department of Cancer Biology, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Biomaterials 33:2961-70. 2012..These data suggest that nanotube-mediated thermal treatment can simultaneously eliminate both the differentiated cells that constitute the bulk of a tumor and the BCSCs that drive tumor growth and recurrence...
- Physical activity, insulin sensitivity, and hypertension among US adults: findings from the Insulin Resistance Atherosclerosis StudyCapri Gabrielle Foy
Department of Public Health Sciences, School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC 27104, USA
Am J Epidemiol 163:921-8. 2006..33, 95% CI: 0.26, 0.41). These results suggest that longitudinal studies are warranted to determine whether insulin sensitivity is a mediator of the relation between physical activity and hypertension...
- Gender and C-reactive protein: data from the Multiethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA) cohortSusan G Lakoski
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am Heart J 152:593-8. 2006..Determining gender-specific differences in CRP may alter how CRP levels are interpreted and used to determine risk...
- Disparities in HbA1c levels between African-American and non-Hispanic white adults with diabetes: a meta-analysisJulienne K Kirk
Family and Community Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1084, USA
Diabetes Care 29:2130-6. 2006..Data sources included PubMed, Web of Science, the Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health, the Cochrane Library, the Combined Health Information Database, and the Education Resources Information Center...
- Diabetic cardiomyopathy and subclinical cardiovascular disease: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA)Alain G Bertoni
Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Department of Public Health Sciences, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Diabetes Care 29:588-94. 2006..We examined whether diabetic cardiomyopathy is associated with subclinical atherosclerosis and if abnormalities are found with impaired fasting glucose (IFG)...
- Feasibility of using a community-supported agriculture program to improve fruit and vegetable inventories and consumption in an underresourced urban communitySara A Quandt
Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, Division of Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 10:E136. 2013..The objective of this study was to test the feasibility of a CSA intervention to increase household inventory of fruits and vegetables and fruit and vegetable consumption of residents of an underresourced community...
- Potential impact of adding genetic markers to clinical parameters in predicting prostate biopsy outcomes in men following an initial negative biopsy: findings from the REDUCE trialA Karim Kader
Center for Cancer Genomics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Eur Urol 62:953-61. 2012..Several germline single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) have been consistently associated with prostate cancer (PCa) risk...
- Overview of missing data techniquesRALPH B D'AGOSTINO
Department of Biostatistical Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Methods Mol Biol 404:339-52. 2007..This chapter will review different missing data mechanisms, including random and non-random mechanisms. Basic methods will be presented using examples to illustrate approaches to analyzing data in the presence of missing data...
- Prevalence and prediction of primary sleep disorders in a clinical trial of depressed patients with insomniaW Vaughn McCall
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 5:454-8. 2009....
- Insulin resistance and adiposity influence lipoprotein size and subclass concentrations. Results from the Insulin Resistance Atherosclerosis StudyDavid C Goff
Public Health Sciences and Internal Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Meicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1063, USA
Metabolism 54:264-70. 2005..We examined the association of insulin resistance and adiposity with lipoprotein particle size, concentration, and subclass concentrations...
- Evaluation of free to grow: head start partnerships to promote substance-free communitiesMark Wolfson
Department of Social Sciences and Health Policy, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Eval Rev 35:153-88. 2011..Results provide highly limited support for the concept that family and neighborhood conditions that are likely to affect child development and well-being can be changed through organized efforts implemented by local HS programs...
- Variation in susceptibility of human malignant melanomas to oncolytic vesicular stomatitis virusAaron U Blackham
Department of General Surgery, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Surgery 153:333-43. 2013..Herein, we have explored the mechanistic determinants of mutant M protein VSV (M51R-VSV) susceptibility in malignant melanoma cells...
- Gamma Knife surgery targeting the resection cavity of brain metastasis that has progressed after whole-brain radiotherapyPaul K Kim
Department of Neurosurgery, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
J Neurosurg 105:75-8. 2006..The authors describe their experience in using Gamma Knife surgery (GKS) to target the resection cavity in patients whose tumors had progressed after WBRT...
- The effectiveness of regionalized burn care: an analysis of 6,873 burn admissions in North Carolina from 2000 to 2007James H Holmes
Department of General Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Am Coll Surg 212:487-93, 493.e1-6; discussion 493-5. 2011..The effectiveness and benefits of regionalized trauma care are well substantiated; however, the effectiveness of regionalized burn care and potential benefits of burn center verification have not been fully validated...
- SOSTDC1 differentially modulates Smad and beta-catenin activation and is down-regulated in breast cancerKathryn A Clausen
Department of Cancer Biology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 129:737-46. 2011..SOSTDC1 differentially affects Wnt3a, BMP-2, and BMP-7 signaling in breast cancer cells. These results identify SOSTDC1 as a clinically important extracellular regulator of multiple signaling pathways in breast cancer...
- Changes in left ventricular structure and function following renal artery revascularizationMatthew A Corriere
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1095, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 24:80-4. 2010....
- Insulin Resistance and Adenomas of the ColorectumRALPH DAGOSTINO; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- METHODS FOR EPIDEMIOLOGIC DATA WITH MISSING VALUESRALPH DAGOSTINO; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, substantive medical and epidemiological questions will be answered using this new methodology on the applied data sets provided. ..