Affiliation: Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- Confidence-based anisotropic filtering of magnetic resonance imagesErsin Bayram
Department of Medical Engineering, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, USA
IEEE Eng Med Biol Mag 21:156-60. 2002
- An improved analytical model for CT dose simulation with a new look at the theory of CT doseRobert L Dixon
Department of Radiology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 1088, USA
Med Phys 32:3712-28. 2005..In addition, some fundamental principles governing CT dose which have not previously been clearly enunciated follow from the model, and a fundamental (energy-based) quantity dubbed "CTDI-aperture" is introduced...
- Leg flow-mediated arterial dilation in elderly patients with heart failure and normal left ventricular ejection fractionW Gregory Hundley
Department of Internal Medicine, Section on Cardiology, Wake Forest Univ School of Medicine, Bowman Gray Campus, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1045, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1427-34. 2007..Many elderly patients with heart failure exhibit a normal left ventricular ejection fraction (HFNEF). It is unknown whether FMAD is severely reduced in the elderly with HFNEF...
- Genetic algorithms and self-organizing maps: a powerful combination for modeling complex QSAR and QSPR problemsErsin Bayram
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Wake Forest University, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1022, USA
J Comput Aided Mol Des 18:483-93. 2004..We conclude that the combination of genetic algorithms with the supervised self-organizing map shows great potential as a quantitative structure-activity/property relationship modeling tool...
- Supervised self-organizing maps in drug discovery. 1. Robust behavior with overdetermined data setsYun De Xiao
Molecular Design Group, Targacept Inc, 200 East First Street, Suite 300, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27101 4165, USA
J Chem Inf Model 45:1749-58. 2005..Results demonstrate that sSOMs provide more accurate predictions than standard linear QSAR methods...
- Supervised self-organizing maps in drug discovery. 2. Improvements in descriptor selection and model validationYun De Xiao
Molecular Design Group, Targacept Inc, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27101 4165, USA
J Chem Inf Model 46:137-44. 2006..Finally, we introduce new cross-validation and dynamic partitioning techniques to address model overfitting and assessment...
- Minimum reliable scale selection in 3DChristopher Wyatt
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061, USA
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 28:481-7. 2006..The experimental results show that the 3D scale selection improves the detection of edges over single scale operators using as few as three different scales...
- Left ventricular spherical remodeling and apical myocardial relaxation: cardiovascular MR imaging measurement of myocardial segmentsMonravee Tumkosit
Department of Internal Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Bowman Gray Campus, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1045, USA
Radiology 244:411-8. 2007..To prospectively evaluate left ventricular (LV) shape and regional relaxation to determine if rapid, early relaxation of the LV is lost with spherical remodeling of the LV...