L H Bachmann
Affiliation: Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- Trichomonas vaginalis genital infections: progress and challengesLaura H Bachmann
Infectious Diseases, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Clin Infect Dis 53:S160-72. 2011....
- The impact of highly active antiretroviral therapy on prevalence and incidence of cervical human papillomavirus infections in HIV-positive adolescentsSadeep Shrestha
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
BMC Infect Dis 10:295. 2010..However, the impact of HAART on cervical human papillomavirus (HPV) infection, clearance, and persistence in high-risk adolescents remains controversial...
- Nucleic acid amplification tests for diagnosis of Neisseria gonorrhoeae oropharyngeal infectionsLaura H Bachmann
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Clin Microbiol 47:902-7. 2009..PCR is substantially less specific than culture, TMA, or SDA and should not be used for the detection of pharyngeal gonorrhea...
- Risk behaviours in HIV-positive men who have sex with men participating in an intervention in a primary care settingL H Bachmann
WG Bill Hefner Medical Center, Salisbury, NC, USA
Int J STD AIDS 20:607-12. 2009..036). Readiness to change risk behaviour varied by partner status and type of sexual activity. Understanding patients' risks and their readiness to change behaviours may help providers to promote sexual health...
- Nucleic acid amplification tests for diagnosis of Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis rectal infectionsLaura H Bachmann
The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Clin Microbiol 48:1827-32. 2010..Currently available NAATs are more sensitive for the detection of chlamydial and gonococcal infection at the rectal site than is culture...
- Risk and prevalence of treatable sexually transmitted diseases at a Birmingham substance abuse treatment facilityL H Bachmann
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35924 0007, USA
Am J Public Health 90:1615-8. 2000..We evaluated the prevalence of gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomoniasis, and syphilis in patients entering residential drug treatment...
- A process evaluation of the implementation of a computer-based, health provider-delivered HIV-prevention intervention for HIV-positive men who have sex with men in the primary care settingH T Chen
Department of Health Behaviour, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0022, USA
AIDS Care 20:51-60. 2008..Future studies should focus on how to enhance providers' acceptance and commitment to delivering HIV-prevention counselling to their patients during the clinic visit...