Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Wadsworth Center
- Laser microsurgery in the GFP era: a cell biologist's perspectiveValentin Magidson
Division of Molecular Medicine, Wadsworth Center, Albany, New York 12201, USA
Methods Cell Biol 82:239-66. 2007..Our major thesis is that the limitations of the technology are no longer at the level of the laser, microscope, or software, but instead only in defining creative questions and in visualizing the target to be destroyed...
- A kinesin-mediated mechanism that couples centrosomes to nucleiIrina Tikhonenko
Division of Translational Medicine, Wadsworth Center, NYS Department of Health, Empire State Plaza, PO Box 509, Albany, NY 12201 0509, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 70:1285-96. 2013..This is a novel activity for a kinesin motor, one important for progression of cells into mitosis and to ensure centrosome-nuclear parity in a multinuclear environment...
- Androgen and Src signaling regulate centrosome activityDiane Colello
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
J Cell Sci 123:2094-102. 2010..Thus, we propose that androgen and Src signaling regulate microtubule nucleation during interphase by promoting the centrosomal localization of gamma-tubulin...
- Control of daughter centriole formation by the pericentriolar materialJadranka Loncarek
Division of Molecular Medicine, Wadsworth Center, Albany, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York 12201 0509, USA
Nat Cell Biol 10:322-8. 2008..We propose that that the size of the PCM cloud associated with the mother centriole restricts the number of daughters that can form simultaneously...
- The spatial arrangement of chromosomes during prometaphase facilitates spindle assemblyValentin Magidson
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY 12201 509, USA
Cell 146:555-67. 2011..Thus, spindle formation involves a previously overlooked stage of chromosome prepositioning which promotes formation of amphitelic attachments...
- Circumventing photodamage in live-cell microscopyValentin Magidson
Wadsworth Center, NYS Department of Health, Albany, New York, USA
Methods Cell Biol 114:545-60. 2013..These solutions include the proper choice of image acquisition parameters, optimization of filter sets, hardware synchronization, and the use of intelligent illumination to avoid unnecessary light exposure. ..
- Rules of engagement: centrosome-nuclear connections in a closed mitotic systemMeredith Leo
Division of Translational Medicine, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY 12201 0509, USA
Biol Open 1:1111-7. 2012..However, the physical association of centrosomes and the nuclear envelope is required to progress through mitosis beyond prometaphase...
- Pushing forces drive the comet-like motility of microtubule arrays in DictyosteliumDaniela A Brito
Division of Molecular Medicine, Wadsworth Center, Albany, NY 12201, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:3334-40. 2005....
- Regulation of cytokinesis by spindle-pole bodiesValentin Magidson
Wadsworth Center, Albany, NY 12201 0509, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:891-3. 2006..Ablation of only the daughter SPB often leads to activation of the SIN on the mother SPB and successful cytokinesis. Thus, either SPB can drive cytokinesis...