Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Wadsworth Center
- Structure and structural variations of the Escherichia coli 30 S ribosomal subunit as revealed by three-dimensional cryo-electron microscopyI S Gabashvili
Wadsworth Center, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Albany NY 12201 0509, USA
J Mol Biol 286:1285-91. 1999..This result suggests the existence of dynamic properties of the 30 S subunit that might be required for facilitating its interactions with mRNA, tRNA and other ligands during protein biosynthesis...
- Major rearrangements in the 70S ribosomal 3D structure caused by a conformational switch in 16S ribosomal RNAI S Gabashvili
The Wadsworth Center, State University of New York at Albany, 12201 0509, USA
EMBO J 18:6501-7. 1999..This significantly affects the topography of the A-site tRNA-binding region on the 30S subunit and thereby explains changes in tRNA affinity for the ribosome and fidelity of decoding mRNA...
- A model of the translational apparatus based on a three-dimensional reconstruction of the Escherichia coli ribosomeJ Frank
Wadsworth Center, New York State, Department of Health, NY 12201 0509, USA
Biochem Cell Biol 73:757-65. 1995..From an interpretation of these clues in the light of existing knowledge, a plausible model for the locations and interactions of key components of protein synthesis is suggested...
- Native 3D structure of eukaryotic 80s ribosome: morphological homology with E. coli 70S ribosomeA Verschoor
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health 12201 0509, USA
J Cell Biol 133:495-505. 1996..This may be equated with a close contact of the 18S and 28S rRNAs in the translational domain centered on the upper subunit:subunit interface...
- Alignment of conduits for the nascent polypeptide chain in the ribosome-Sec61 complexR Beckmann
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of Cell Biology, Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Science 278:2123-6. 1997....
- The polypeptide tunnel system in the ribosome and its gating in erythromycin resistance mutants of L4 and L22I S Gabashvili
Wadsworth Center, State University of New York at Albany, P O Box 509, Albany, NY 12201, USA
Mol Cell 8:181-8. 2001....