Richard W Cole
Affiliation: Wadsworth Center
- Light-emitting diodes are better illumination sources for biological microscopy than conventional sourcesRichard W Cole
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, P O Box 509, Albany, NY 12201, USA
Microsc Microanal 14:243-50. 2008..The timing of the stages of mitosis is well established as an indicator of cell viability...
- Cold-shock and the Mammalian cell cycleConly L Rieder
Laboratory of Cell Regulation, Division of Molecular Medicine, Wadsworth Center New York State Department of Health Albany, New York 12201 0509 USA
Cell Cycle 1:169-75. 2002..Although the mechanism behind this synchronization remains vague, it may involve a cell cycle checkpoint, triggered in response to the cold shock, that transiently inhibits the G(1)/S transition...
- Inhibition of MCF-7 breast cancer cell proliferation by MCF-10A breast epithelial cells in cocultureBarbara C Spink
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, PO Box 509, Albany, NY 12201 0509, USA
Cell Biol Int 30:227-38. 2006..These results indicate a role of normal epithelial cells in inhibiting tumor-cell proliferation and demonstrate the utility of this coculture system as a model of early paracrine control of breast cancer...
- Dynamic, inter-subunit interactions between the N-terminal and central mutation regions of cardiac ryanodine receptorZheng Liu
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY 12201, USA
J Cell Sci 123:1775-84. 2010....
- DNA damage during mitosis in human cells delays the metaphase/anaphase transition via the spindle-assembly checkpointAlexei Mikhailov
Division of Molecular Medicine, Laboratory of Cell Regulation, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, PO Box 509, Albany, NY 12201, USA
Curr Biol 12:1797-806. 2002..We then followed the fate of these cells and emphasized the timing of mitotic progression, spindle structure, and chromosome behavior...
- Separating centrosomes interact in the absence of associated chromosomes during mitosis in cultured vertebrate cellsShamsa Faruki
Division of Molecular Medicine, Wadsworth Center for Laboratories and Research, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York, USA
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 52:107-21. 2002..e., the RCC1/RanGTP pathway), but instead some other chromosomal component, e.g., kinetochores...
- Polar ejection forces are operative in crane-fly spermatocytes, but their action is limited to the spindle peripheryJames R LaFountain
Department of Biological Sciences, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14260 1300, USA
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 51:16-26. 2002..At that time, chromosome fragments that had been ejected to the equator moved poleward again, providing clear evidence for kinetochore-independent forces on chromosome arms during anaphase...
- The small molecule Hesperadin reveals a role for Aurora B in correcting kinetochore-microtubule attachment and in maintaining the spindle assembly checkpointSilke Hauf
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Cell Biol 161:281-94. 2003..Together, our data suggest that Aurora B is required to generate unattached kinetochores on monooriented chromosomes, which in turn could promote bipolar attachment as well as maintain checkpoint signaling...
- Multispectral Confocal and Image Analysis FacilityRichard Cole; Fiscal Year: 2007..The final project is developing better ways to analyze the three-dimensional images collected by the requested microscope by making advanced computer analysis available to all the microscope users. ..