- Mixed mold mycotoxicosis: immunological changes in humans following exposure in water-damaged buildingsMichael R Gray
Progressive Healthcare Group, Benson, Arizona, USA
Arch Environ Health 58:410-20. 2003..Mold exposure also initiates inflammatory processes. The authors propose the term "mixed mold mycotoxicosis" for the multisystem illness observed in these patients...
- Immune response to dietary proteins, gliadin and cerebellar peptides in children with autismA Vojdani
Section of Neuroimmunology, Immunosciences Lab, Inc, 8693 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 200, Beverly Hills, California 90211, USA
Nutr Neurosci 7:151-61. 2004..We conclude that a subgroup of patients with autism produce antibodies against Purkinje cells and gliadin peptides, which may be responsible for some of the neurological symptoms in autism...
- Cross-reactivity of Aspergillus, Penicillium, and Stachybotrys antigens using affinity-purified antibodies and immunoassayAristo Vojdani
Section of Neuroimmunology, Immunosciences Lab, Inc, Beverly Hills, California 90211, USA
Arch Environ Health 59:256-65. 2004..With the use of such an assay, it was determined that the cross-reactivity between Stachybotrys, Aspergillus, and Penicillium was at approximately 10%, which is less widespread than previously believed...
- Detection of trichothecene mycotoxins in sera from individuals exposed to Stachybotrys chartarum in indoor environmentsTrevor L Brasel
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Health Sciences Center, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas 79430, USA
Arch Environ Health 59:317-23. 2004..Data from this study suggest that trichothecene mycotoxins can be demonstrated in the tissues of certain individuals exposed to S. chartarum in contaminated buildings...
- The Role of Th17 in Neuroimmune Disorders: Target for CAM Therapy. Part IIAristo Vojdani
Immunosciences Lab, Inc, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2011:984965. 2011....
- The onset of enhanced intestinal permeability and food sensitivity triggered by medication used in dental procedures: a case reportAristo Vojdani
Immunosciences Lab, Inc, 822 S Robertson Boulevard, Suite 312, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA
Case Rep Gastrointest Med 2012:265052. 2012..If left untreated this could lead to autoimmune reactions to self tissues...
- The Role of Th17 in Neuroimmune Disorders: Target for CAM Therapy. Part IAristo Vojdani
Immunosciences Lab, Inc, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2011:927294. 2011....
- The characterization of the repertoire of wheat antigens and peptides involved in the humoral immune responses in patients with gluten sensitivity and Crohn's diseaseAristo Vojdani
Immunosciences Laboratory, Inc, 822 S Robertson Boulevard, Suite 312, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA
ISRN Allergy 2011:950104. 2011....
- The Role of Th17 in Neuroimmune Disorders: A Target for CAM Therapy. Part IIIAristo Vojdani
Immunosciences Lab, Inc, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2011:548086. 2011..By understanding the mechanisms of anti-inflammatory agents, CAM practitioners can tailor therapeutic interventions to fit the needs of the patient, thereby providing faster relief from inflammatory complaints...
- The prevalence of antibodies against wheat and milk proteins in blood donors and their contribution to neuroimmune reactivitiesAristo Vojdani
Immunosciences Lab, Inc, 822 S Robertson Blvd, Ste 312, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA
Nutrients 6:15-36. 2014..05) against wheat and milk antigens that cross-react with different neural antigens, which may have broader implications in the induction of neuroimmune reactivities. ..
- For the assessment of intestinal permeability, size mattersAristo Vojdani
Immunosciences Lab, Inc, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 19:12-24. 2013....
- Detection of IgE, IgG, IgA and IgM antibodies against raw and processed food antigensAristo Vojdani
822 S, Robertson Blvd, Ste, 812, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA
Nutr Metab (Lond) 6:22. 2009..abstract:..
- Cellular and humoral immune abnormalities in Gulf War veteransAristo Vojdani
Section of Neuroimmunology, Immunosciences Lab Inc, 8693 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 200, Beverly Hills, CA 90211, USA
Environ Health Perspect 112:840-6. 2004..We conclude that Gulf War syndrome is a multifaceted illness with immune function alterations that may be induced by various factors and are probably associated with chronic fatigue syndrome...
- Infections, toxic chemicals and dietary peptides binding to lymphocyte receptors and tissue enzymes are major instigators of autoimmunity in autismA Vojdani
Lab Comparative Immunology, Dept Neurobiology, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 16:189-99. 2003..In conclusion, this study is apparently the first to demonstrate that dietary peptides, bacterial toxins and xenobiotics bind to lymphocyte receptors and/or tissue enzymes, resulting in autoimmune reaction in children with autism...
- Novel Diagnosis of Lyme Disease: Potential for CAM InterventionAristo Vojdani
Immunosciences Lab, Inc, 8693 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 200, Beverly Hills, CA 90211, USA
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 6:283-95. 2009....
- Heat shock protein and gliadin peptide promote development of peptidase antibodies in children with autism and patients with autoimmune diseaseAristo Vojdani
Section of Neuroimmunology, Immunosciences Lab, Inc, 8693 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 200, Beverly Hills, CA 90211, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:515-24. 2004..Dysfunctional membrane peptidases and autoantibody production may result in neuroimmune dysregulation and autoimmunity...
- Antibodies to molds and satratoxin in individuals exposed in water-damaged buildingsAristo Vojdani
Immunosciences Lab, Inc, Beverly Hills, California, USA
Arch Environ Health 58:421-32. 2003..The authors concluded that the antibodies studied are specific to mold antigens and mycotoxins, and therefore could be useful in epidemiological and other studies of humans exposed to molds and mycotoxins...
- Antibodies against molds and mycotoxins following exposure to toxigenic fungi in a water-damaged buildingAristo Vojdani
Immunosciences Laboratory, Inc, Section of Immunology, Beverly Hills, California, USA
Arch Environ Health 58:324-36. 2003..In addition to IgE, measurements of IgG, IgM, and IgA antibodies should be considered in mold-exposed individuals...
- Antibodies against Stachybotrys chartarum extract and its antigenic components, Stachyhemolysin and Stachyrase-A: a new clinical biomarkerAristo Vojdani
Immunosciences Lab, Inc, Beverly Hills, CA 90211, USA
Med Sci Monit 11:BR139-145. 2005..Detection of these antibodies in blood was partially attributed to cross-reacting proteins from other fungi. There is a need for a specific method to detect antibodies against characteristic components of S. chartarum...
- Saliva secretory IgA antibodies against molds and mycotoxins in patients exposed to toxigenic fungiAristo Vojdani
Immunosciences Lab, Inc, Section of Neuroimmunology, Beverly Hills, California 90211, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 25:595-614. 2003....
- Biochemical changes in the serum of patients with chronic toxigenic mold exposures: a risk factor for multiple renal dysfunctionsEbere Anyanwu
Neurosciences Research, Cahers Inc, Conroe, TX, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 3:1058-64. 2003..It was concluded that, although this research was a pilot investigation, based on the overall results, people exposed to chronic indoor environmental toxic molds were at risk of multiple renal complications...
- Neurophysiological effects of chronic indoor environmental toxic mold exposure on childrenEbere C Anyanwu
Cahers Neurosciences Research, 8787 Shenandoah Park Drive, Suite 122, Conroe, TX 77385, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 3:281-90. 2003..Our findings revealed the extent to which toxic molds can affect the neurological and behavioral status of children. Further work should be encouraged in this regard...
- Low natural killer cell cytotoxic activity in autism: the role of glutathione, IL-2 and IL-15Aristo Vojdani
Immunosciences Lab, Inc, 10350 Santa Monica Blvd, Ste 205, Los Angeles, CA 90025, United States
J Neuroimmunol 205:148-54. 2008..We conclude that that 45% of a subgroup of children with autism suffers from low NK cell activity, and that low intracellular levels of glutathione, IL-2 and IL-15 may be responsible...
- Elevated levels of antibodies against xenobiotics in a subgroup of healthy subjectsAristo Vojdani
Immunosciences Lab, Inc, 822 S Robertson Blvd, Ste 312, Los Angeles, CA, 90035, USA
J Appl Toxicol 35:383-97. 2015....
- Identification of diseases that may be targets for complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)Aristo Vojdani
Laboratory of Comparative Neuroimmunology, Department of Neurobiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 546:75-104. 2004
- Combination of high-dose intravenous immunoglobulins and itraconozole in treating chronic mycotic demyelinating optic neuritisAndrew W Campbell
Medical Center for Immune, Environmental and Toxic Disorders, 25010 Oakhurst, Suite 200, Spring, Texas 77386, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 3:640-6. 2003..This is probably the first report where persistent toxic mold-induced neurological and immunologic disorders were successfully treated with a combination of itraconozole and IVIG...
- Neural autoantibodies and neurophysiologic abnormalities in patients exposed to molds in water-damaged buildingsAndrew W Campbell
Medical Center for Immune and Toxic Disorders, Spring, Texas 77386, USA
Arch Environ Health 58:464-74. 2003..The authors concluded that exposure to molds in water-damaged buildings increased the risk for development of neural autoantibodies, peripheral neuropathy, and neurophysiologic abnormalities in exposed individuals...
- Hormone allergyRussell R Roby
Roby Institute, Austin, TX 78746, USA
Am J Reprod Immunol 55:307-13. 2006..Estrogen and progesterone have been associated in women with symptoms that include asthma, migraine, dermatitis and pain...
- Interrelationship of interleukin 6, C-reactive protein and Chlamydia pneumoniae IgG antibodies in patients with acute coronary syndromesIvana Burazor
Clinical Center, Clinic for Cardiovascular Diseases, Nis, Serbia
Vojnosanit Pregl 65:425-33. 2008....
- Mold and mycotoxins: effects on the neurological and immune systems in humansAndrew W Campbell
Medical Center for Immune and Toxic Disorders, Spring, Texas, USA
Adv Appl Microbiol 55:375-406. 2004