Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- CAM use among overweight and obese persons with radiographic knee osteoarthritisKate L Lapane
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 13:241. 2013..The objectives were to describe complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) and conventional medication use by BMI level and identify correlates of CAM use by BMI level...
- Longitudinal use of complementary and alternative medicine among older adults with radiographic knee osteoarthritisShibing Yang
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Family Medicine and Population Health, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia Electronic address
Clin Ther 35:1690-702. 2013....
- Racial differences in symptom management approaches among persons with radiographic knee osteoarthritisShibing Yang
Department of Epidemiology and Community Health, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 12:86. 2012..The purpose of this study was to describe the differences between African Americans (AA) and Caucasian Americans (CA) in using treatment approaches to manage symptoms among individuals with radiographic-confirmed knee OA...
- Gender-specific correlates of complementary and alternative medicine use for knee osteoarthritisRachel Jawahar
Department of Epidemiology and Community Health, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23219, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 21:1091-9. 2012..Our objective was to describe gender-specific correlates of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use among persons with radiographically confirmed knee OA...
- Effects of glucosamine and chondroitin supplementation on knee osteoarthritis: an analysis with marginal structural modelsShibing Yang
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond
Arthritis Rheumatol 67:714-23. 2015..The purpose of this study was to estimate the effectiveness of the combination of glucosamine and chondroitin in relieving knee symptoms and slowing disease progression among patients with knee osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Application of marginal structural models in pharmacoepidemiologic studies: a systematic reviewShibing Yang
Department of Family Medicine and Population Health, Division of Epidemiology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 23:560-71. 2014..We systematically reviewed pharmacoepidemiologic studies published in 2012 that used inverse probability weighted (IPW) estimation of marginal structural models (MSM) to estimate the effect from a time-varying treatment...
- A systematic review of pharmacological pain management in multiple sclerosisRachel Jawahar
Department of Epidemiology and Community Health, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Drugs 73:1711-22. 2013..The evidence for spasticity and trigeminal neuralgia pharmacological treatments in MS has been systematically reviewed, but no equivalent reviews have been published concerning MS pain unrelated to these two conditions...