S M Retchin
Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Electronic medical record systems at academic health centers: advantages and implementation issuesS M Retchin
MCV Physicians, Richmond, VA 23219 1928, USA
Acad Med 74:493-8. 1999..The authors critically review these and other issues of implementing EMR systems at AHCs and propose four necessary steps for financing their implementation...
- Marketplace reforms and primary care career decisionsS M Retchin
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Acad Med 76:316-23. 2001..The authors conclude that appropriate career counseling through these efficient methods could avoid future abrupt swings in specialty choices of medical school graduates and may facilitate a more predictable physician workforce supply...
- Clinical service standards at academic health centersS M Retchin
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 0510, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 13:247-56. 2001..To describe the content and variability for clinical service standards related to quality of care among a convenience sample of academic health centers...
- Measuring standards of care for early breast cancer in an insured populationB E Hillner
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond 23298, USA
J Clin Oncol 15:1401-8. 1997..To demonstrate the use of a combined data base to evaluate the care for local/regional invasive breast cancer in a large insured population of women aged less than 64 years...
- Costs of care associated with non-small-cell lung cancer in a commercially insured cohortB E Hillner
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical College of Virginia and Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 0170, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:1420-4. 1998..To examine the cost of incident cases of non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) in a commercially insured cohort...
- Three strategies used by academic health centers to expand primary care capacityS M Retchin
MCV Physicians, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, USA
Acad Med 75:15-22. 2000..He concludes that recent marketplace and regulatory changes may make it less necessary for AHCs to secure substantial primary care bases in the future...
- A comparison of patterns of care of nonsmall cell lung carcinoma patients in a younger and Medigap commercially insured cohortB E Hillner
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical College of Virginia and the Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, USA
Cancer 83:1930-7. 1998..Commercial health care claims supplemented by clinical staging from cancer registries can address long term practice patterns in patients with cancer...
- Factors associated with the frequency of house calls by primary care physiciansP A Boling
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond
J Gen Intern Med 6:335-40. 1991..01). Multivariate analysis confirmed the association of these attitudes with house call frequency. CONCLUSION: These data suggest that specific attitudes among primary care physicians are associated with house call frequency...
- Perioperative management of colon cancer under Medicare risk programsS M Retchin
Department of Internal Medicine, Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, USA
Arch Intern Med 157:1878-84. 1997..To determine differences in perioperative care and outcomes for patients with colon cancer enrolled in Medicare health maintenance organizations compared with similar fee-for-service nonenrollees...